PDA

View Full Version : going to crowsnest...need a lake

happyfisher
10-10-2013, 08:25 PM
This weekend im going to the pass....with this rainand my buddydont flyfish i wannahit a lake....i dont really do lakes...so any recomendations? What do i use? Domt have a boat...was thinking allison but thats kinda boring...maybe lee?

Have to fish from shore so just dunno...close to coleman as possible....

Thanks

Any tips would help....

bubba 96
10-10-2013, 09:23 PM
I hear that lake right at the boarder has some nice fish in it I believe u need a bc license, and you can get a 7 day bc license at the fly shop in bellevue..check the regs but don't be shy walk the river through Coleman..

happyfisher
10-10-2013, 10:27 PM
ewwwwww....i want a alberta lake......

but thanks

lannie
10-10-2013, 10:47 PM
I think he was talking about Summit lake. Emerald Maybe? I would ty emerald before Crowsnest lake but you can cast from shore for either. Less wind at Emerald.

BeeGuy
10-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Check out the SRD fish stocking map. itll show you all the stocked lakes in the area, whn they were stocked and with what. cross reference a couple against the reg's manual to help narrow down your choice, depending on if you want to catch and keep, use bait or whatever,

finally a quick seach on here will give you everything else you want to know.

happyfisher
10-10-2013, 11:26 PM
ill try crowsnest lake i guess...i looked for that map....cant find.....

BeeGuy
10-10-2013, 11:41 PM
Here (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=srd+fish+stocking&l=1)

sanjuanworm
10-11-2013, 12:29 AM
Lees lake is great.

Scott N
10-11-2013, 05:17 AM
ill try crowsnest lake i guess...i looked for that map....cant find.....

Crowsnest Lake is very deep and better fished from a boat, if the wind allows for it. If you actually want to catch fish from shore, this lake probably isn't your best choice.

lannie
10-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Crowsnest Lake is very deep and better fished from a boat, if the wind allows for it. If you actually want to catch fish from shore, this lake probably isn't your best choice.

Crowsnest Lake actually does not hit 100' depth. Most locals catch fish from shore. The bad issue of Crowsnest Lake is being on it in a boat when the wind comes up out of nowhere. Not deep but ice cold.

bubba 96
10-11-2013, 12:17 PM
ewwwwww....i want a alberta lake......

but thanks

Dont know why the ewwwww but bc does have better fishing than ab, and there is some hogs in there..

and if ya cross the boarded into bc bout an hr and a half you can bass fish..