PDA

View Full Version : Has any one been out to Margaret lake in waiparous lately?

lockend
10-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Just looking for a update about the lake, I have never been there but would like to go next weekend. The wife is gone for ten days might be my only chance to get out there.

scrimmy
10-12-2013, 06:47 AM
...just read about it... if you go sir, let us know how the road in and fishing was...wish i could go myself...like that area. cheers.

lockend
10-12-2013, 01:14 PM
I will give a update when I can,plan on quading in let you know about road

Truck Norris
10-12-2013, 09:03 PM
I was there last weekend and the road is the same as it has always been. Muddy at the entrance of lake but completely doable in a stock 4x4 .

lockend
10-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the road update, it will be to week until I can make it there. I hope there is not to much moisture up there until then.

scrimmy
10-13-2013, 06:34 AM
I was there last weekend and the road is the same as it has always been. Muddy at the entrance of lake but completely doable in a stock 4x4 .

TN...how was the fishing ?

Wanderingwest
10-13-2013, 08:38 AM
If you wish to know, post a question on the Calgary jeep association forum, those guys are out there all the time. The lake may be accessible via stock 4x4, but if you wish to carry on to the falls I'd suggest a shorter wheelbase 4x4. If you have a lifted truck and another vehicle, take the first trail in and drive through four corners, must more fun!

Truck Norris
10-13-2013, 10:49 PM
TN...how was the fishing ?

I haven't fished that lake in over a decade as I usually go to that area to drive the trails or camp. I have come across many people who have fished it from inflatable boats who have said the trout are usually under 10" and winter kills are common. It's a stocked lake on par with Sibbald Pond in my opinion.

Truck Norris
10-13-2013, 10:56 PM
If you wish to know, post a question on the Calgary jeep association forum, those guys are out there all the time. The lake may be accessible via stock 4x4, but if you wish to carry on to the falls I'd suggest a shorter wheelbase 4x4. If you have a lifted truck and another vehicle, take the first trail in and drive through four corners, must more fun!

The trail to the Falls is closed until October 31 because you have to cross the river in two places. This closure is in place to protect the spawning beds of the Bulltrout.

I am also a member and former executive of the Calgary Jeep Association BTW.