PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advise, SSR in Saskatoon

AppleJax
10-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Headed to the wier last night and lost more hardware in 1 hour than all season lol. I'm going to do some exploring today so we can try again tonight. Does anyone have any advise of where to start? Not looking for exact GPS coordinates but general direction would help. I'm hoping to get my brothers into their first sturgeon tonight. Shore fishing. PM if you want, thanks guys.

Fishin'Musician
10-13-2013, 01:05 PM
First time poster, long time reader here! Love this place!

I fished the SSR extensively when I was a kid. I found a few sweet spots, but i'm going to try and guide you to my favorite honey hole in that town. Lots may have changed as it's been 20 some years, but looking at google earth it appears to look the same.

Theres a major road that goes along the river. Head north from the weir on that toward Lawson Heights. Just before you get to Lawson Heights, theres a park on the right. I believe its called Cumberland (not positive on name, but that sounds right to me), park there. Now walk south along the road just past a crosswalk. Keep your eyes peeled. There is an outflow there. Head down and catch many jacks. If that dries up, walk south along the bank along the boulders. You will see a pool of deep there. Great for goldeyes and pickerel.

I hope this helps ya out! Good luck and post pics!

Cheerios!
Greg

THERICARDO
10-13-2013, 03:23 PM
AJ call me, I lived in saskatoon before coming to Edmonton... Will tell ya where to go

AppleJax
10-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Thanks guys! Ricardo I'll call you in 15