PDA

View Full Version : Pinehurst Lake Fall Pike Fishing Report

Brandonkop
10-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Fall is a great time of year to get out on the water and enjoy some shallow water pike fishing. Since the water has cooled off the Big fish have moved up into the shallow water from their deep water haunts of the summer. These fish are hungry and feeding heavily before the freeze. Casting and trolling large swimbaits, crankbaits and spoons can put you into a whole bunch of fish. Target shallow bays, rocky points, weed and reed beds for the best fall action.

We were out at Pinehurst lake in Canada targeting Pike, caught a lot on large swimbaits and large crankbaits. Caught one large one and lost another that broke the line sadly. Caught a bunch of smaller ones too near the reeds. Caught the big one near where we saw lots of whitefish surfacing.

I already posted written report and a little video of the big one we got, but this is the rest of the day in video report. I love pike fishing the shallows. There explosive hits are great fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMyBJtMuudk

Walleye101
10-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Looks like you had some fun! Did you try for any big Walleye's? There are 10 pounders ready to be caught right now!

Brandonkop
10-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Well I wish I knew where those ten pounders were biting. Actually it was interesting because we were trolling around where we usually catch some in the summertime, but did not hook up with a walleye. Tried jigging for a while where we were marking some fish but nothing would bite. Probably should have tried the bottom bouncers, usually do pretty well on them in the fall at Pinehurst. But we were having fun with the pike and I wanted to catch a big one.