PDA

View Full Version : New member but a long term reader

jimberg
09-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Finally made it to retirement so I can fish again. Been about 35 years since I have had the pleasure of fishing or camping so I imagine things at the lakes have changed a bit.

First off I need a bit of help with the boat.I have a 1963 75 hp McCulloch that was leaking gas. I have changed all the hoses on the pressure side and have now discovered that the leak is at the bottom of the fuel pump.

Can't find anyone to work on an old motor like this so I was wondering if anyone here knows how to proceed with getting the fuel pump off or of someone in the edmonton area who does this kind of work.

Thanks
Jim

Mulestalker
09-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Jim,check out Iboats dot com, go to the 'boating forum' section,then 'outboard motors repair and maintenance' section,scroll down to 'other outboard brands 'and ask away,their is some very knowledgeable people on this board and I'm sure will have you up and running in no time! You may have to register first before using the board...

jimberg
09-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the info. I have posted there.

I am real happy with the boat and motor as I bought it from the original owner. Has always been maintained and stored inside. Just have to get this straightened out and I will be one happy old phartz.

Jim