PDA

View Full Version : Marlin Madness in Jamaica

deanna
10-20-2013, 10:07 AM
I'm not sure how this pic is going to look, Will do photobucket thing when i get an education, Just wanted to give a shout out to the guys from Marlin Madness in Montego Bay. We lost a 3rd after an hour. He straightend out the hook. I did ask about releasing them but they swore they feed the poor. Who was I to argue

tight line
10-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Nice!

Brandonkop
10-20-2013, 11:18 AM
I'm not sure how this pic is going to look, Will do photobucket thing when i get an education, Just wanted to give a shout out to the guys from Marlin Madness in Montego Bay. We lost a 3rd after an hour. He straightend out the hook. I did ask about releasing them but they swore they feed the poor. Who was I to argue

I think they sell the fish rather than feed the poor. Out of all the islands I've been to, Jamaica really seems to rape its waters. The reefs seem damaged and where did all the fish go??? That is their food source though so who am I to complain... I still love it there!

Nice Marlin!

tight line
10-20-2013, 12:14 PM
lol, i had to laugh when i was in the DR a couple years ago fishing, we shared a charter with a guy and his son(great people), talking in the van heading to the marina and he says he chose this charter because they release the fish, and support sustainable fishing etc(apparently it said that on their web site). Im thinking to myself -ya right.. Needless to say the look on his face when the gaff went into the first Mahi was absolutely priceless.

deanna
10-20-2013, 04:33 PM
I know what u mean at least there r no sharks nothing to eat but people went to negril last year and used Stanley's deep sea fishing and they do release marlin they just don't catch very many