PDA

View Full Version : What Spotting Scope To buy For $900 Or less

damienelliott
10-25-2013, 12:09 AM
I am looking at getting a decent spotting scope. im setting my budget at 900 dollars. I am researching the vortex viper and viper hd. both 20-60x80 is there an quality difference in these. I am also looking at the leupold sx1 ventena in 20-60x80. Just have to find them to look through them. What would you guys buy for under $1000 and why?

killerbren
10-25-2013, 12:25 AM
Look at a zen ray, seriously. It's an amazing spotter, cameralandny had them on sale not too long ago.

Don K
10-25-2013, 06:03 AM
I have a leupold gold ring and a Vortex Razor Hd and love the Vortex.
I'd go with the Viper HD (picture is crisper and brings in a bit more light than standard glass). If you can swing it look at the Razor, but it is more... It compares with Swaro and Leica, and is a bit cheaper.

whiskeywillow
10-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Vortex might be worth looking into, for sure..

But the Ventenna is also damn good, I have one* Been using it 3-4yrs now.. actually sent it to scopecoat two winters ago for a custom cover-- turned out awsome! The scope itself is a little long and bulker than the gold-rings (if you do alot of backpacking) but even so, I really like mine! Aside from the size, there's nothing at all to complain about.. watched a Ram this august from just over a mile through that scope, perfect picture even at THAT distance against morning sun. The extendable shade on it really comes in handy cases like that!

Ventenna definitely be a good choice for that money, imo