PDA

View Full Version : Travers Reservoir 2014 regulations

MoFugger21
10-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Has anyone heard what was decided for walleye retention after the SRD fisheries meeting in Edmonton last weekend?

After the meeting in Vulcan, Terry Clayton was going to mull over 2 options: 1 over XXcm or zero retention. It sounded like he was still going to propose zero retention for walleye, but you never know.

Has anyone heard anything?

huntsfurfish
10-25-2013, 11:27 AM
I heard zero retention, but have been unable to confirm as yet.

Buck Krazy
10-25-2013, 03:02 PM
So dumb, just gonna be more poaching, after all walleye is the tastiest when poached

HOGSLAYER
10-25-2013, 04:13 PM
I hope this helps the Res out it has been in decline for years now.

npauls
10-25-2013, 04:33 PM
The SAWT page on facebook had a picture of the paperwork that was getting looked at and Travers is scheduled for a zero keep.

The other main change in ES1 on that same paperwork looks like pike in newel will go from 1 over 63cm to zero keep as well.

MoFugger21
10-26-2013, 11:11 AM
The SAWT page on facebook had a picture of the paperwork that was getting looked at and Travers is scheduled for a zero keep.

The other main change in ES1 on that same paperwork looks like pike in newel will go from 1 over 63cm to zero keep as well.

Just checked this out, and the comment to go with the picture. So I take from the comment that a zero retention regulation on walleye means SAWT can't hold a tournament at Travers?

npauls
10-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Ya probably not.

The SAWT will have to submit a CFE application for a different reservoir. If you look at the SAWT history you will notice that the trail has had a few changes in reservoirs over the years.

Fishingaddict
10-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Where are the sawt tournys usually held? And does anyone know where it is this year

npauls
10-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Where are the sawt tournys usually held? And does anyone know where it is this year

The SAWT is a trail that is held on 4 reservoirs in the south. The last few years it has been Chin, Travers, Ridge, and St. Mary.

The schedule won't be out until the beginning of next year. From what I know you can't submit an application for the CFE's until the new year.

Check out www.gowalleye.com and the SAWT facebook page to keep up to date on what is happening with the trail and trail members that post on those websites.

cube
12-12-2013, 01:54 PM
I heard zero retention, but have been unable to confirm as yet.

http://srd.alberta.ca/FishWildlife/FisheriesManagement/documents/Proposed-2014-AnglingReg-AFMRT.pdf