PDA

View Full Version : Panama/Costa Rica/Columbia Billfish

LCCFisherman
10-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Been putting off this trip for far too long, on the bucket list and this is the year. I'm interested in pelagic fish on the pacific coast. Blacks/blues/striped I'M IN!!

Of course I've looked at TSL (need a mortgage to pay for them), and thought Pesca Panama was a real interesting idea. Anyone else out there do this annually and have some inside information? Group trips with an opening?

Hit me up!!!!!!

bardfromedson
10-29-2013, 03:25 PM
I have a friend that goes to costa rica every year. stays at jaco. they do great for sails and get the odd marlin and tuna. best advice is look into when peak season is and book around that. it will very quite a bit throughout the country you are looking to go. lots of the charters will book out of many different towns and follow the fish. panama and costa rica are both great for what your looking for. the most important thing you can do is put yourself in the best place at the best time. PM me if you want a good saltwater forum website that will have tons of info and guys to point you in the exact direction. a word of caution. if you get into a world class tuna bite all other fish will pale in comparison and make fishing local waters seem like childs play.