PDA

View Full Version : Where are the jig experts?

CBintheNorth
10-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Does anyone in the Edmonton know where to get custom jig bodies made?

Thanks for any help.

ETOWNCANUCK
10-29-2013, 12:39 AM
What type are you looking for?....

Wholesale and The Fishing Hole have have several varieties and colors...

CBintheNorth
10-29-2013, 06:27 AM
I've looked at cabelas here and in the States. TFH and all the obvious places.
They use to be common patterns but I can't find them anymore so I thought I'd have a bunch made.

bigshu
10-29-2013, 06:57 AM
Got any pics of the ones your looking for?

Geezle
10-29-2013, 07:59 AM
Got any pics of the ones your looking for?

X2 what exactly are you looking for? We've got some pretty resourceful folks here :)

dodgeboy1979
10-29-2013, 08:51 AM
for custom colours it may be easier to tie your own bucktail version of the jig you liked. Just a thought

cube
10-29-2013, 09:40 AM

Thanks for any help.

I would contact

Jim's Jigs

http://www.jimsjigs.com/Home.page
P.O. Box 357
Fallis, AB T0E 0V0

Phone: (780) 892-3193
Fax: (780) 892-3153

CBintheNorth
10-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Not looking for anything spectacular. 4" twister tail in singles and doubles. Black body with a yellow tail(s) and a yellow with red tiger stripes in the same configurations.

These use to be my fail-safe, go-to, never-let-me-down Walleye colours but I went to buy more a couple of years ago and couldn't find any anywhere.

Unfortunately, I threw out my last ones of each as they were pretty well chewed up so pictures aren't possible.

There was a gentleman advertising in the buy-sell but he hasn't responded to my pm's.

CBintheNorth
10-29-2013, 09:45 AM
I would contact

Jim's Jigs

http://www.jimsjigs.com/Home.page
P.O. Box 357
Fallis, AB T0E 0V0

Phone: (780) 892-3193
Fax: (780) 892-3153

Never thought of him. Thanks!

JohnnyD
10-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Have you checked out Maki Plastics?

CBintheNorth
10-29-2013, 11:42 AM
Have you checked out Maki Plastics?

I'll try them too. Do they make jigs normally? I don't want to have to say for someone to make a mold for something so common, it's just the colours I'm after.
Thanks for the tips guys.

Master_Baitcaster
10-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Not sure if this will help but

http://www.thefishinhole.com/index.cfm?action=product&se=22790

there are a bunch of colors. I briefly looked, thought i had seen ur colors in there.

BeeGuy
10-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Not looking for anything spectacular. 4" twister tail in singles and doubles. Black body with a yellow tail(s) and a yellow with red tiger stripes in the same configurations.

These use to be my fail-safe, go-to, never-let-me-down Walleye colours but I went to buy more a couple of years ago and couldn't find any anywhere.

Unfortunately, I threw out my last ones of each as they were pretty well chewed up so pictures aren't possible.

There was a gentleman advertising in the buy-sell but he hasn't responded to my pm's.

Go to Shoppers Drug Mart and pick up the colours of your choice in nail lacquer/ nail polish. Pick up some clear coat and you are good to go.

Neon, metallic, glow in the dark...they've got it all and quality pigments as well...

Bjay
11-01-2013, 02:03 AM

Thanks for any help.

Go to this site
http://www.do-itmolds.com/home If you need jig molds.
They have a hundreds of jig molds and jig hooks and may have what you would like.
I have several of their molds and they are excellent and extremely well made.
I have been using their molds for 30-40 years. They are very reliable to buy from.
Also remember that Aberdeen hooks are a short hook and usually a light wire and O'Shaugnessy hooks are longer and usually a lot stronger. I mainly use Eagle claw hooks. I only use O'Shaugnessy hooks by Eagle Claw. They are inexpensive but very good and I believe they are made in the USA. I'm not positive but I think all the other brands are made off shore. Beware of cheap imported hooks. I use only the brands that DO-it molds sells and have never had a problem those those brands.
If I knew what you wanted I could maybe be of more help.

Bjay

jeprli
11-01-2013, 09:05 AM
I think what he was buying is www.actionplastics.com, cheap and good action.

Also worth a mention is Kalins grub, one of the best in my opinion, Zoom makes great product(fat albert, paddletail). There are a lot of companies out there that make great soft lures, search em out. The above is what i use and it works for me, no expert here but i do have a fetish when it comes to lures.