PDA

View Full Version : Crawling valley....

Grizzled
09-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Anyone been out latley? How's the fishing? How's the water level? OK for boats still?...

floppychicken
09-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Was wondering the same !!

ULTRAlite
09-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Went out Saturday - had a decent day... 15-20 fish to the boat in a couple hours. 22" walleye / keeper pike that swam back to bite another day. Beautiful afternoon. Was in pontoon boat, so we don't use the boat launch. Water looked like it wasn't down too far though.

PlayDoh
09-14-2008, 09:59 PM
I was there on the August long weekend, and I talked to the old man who said their going to level the whole campground and redesign it after the southern Newell campground, next year. I can't think of the name of it, starts with a K. "Supposedly" it going to look great, and I would expect the price to join the others with ridiculous rates of $25 / night or more.

Its too bad, cause once it becomes Disney Land I'm sure the place will suck. The only thing the place needs is trees, and a whack of em. Now that their going to level the place, I'd think the lack of shelter issue will only get worse.

I'm glad to hear the fishing was good. There are some decent pike behind the Islands just North of the campground, it would be a great spot for a pontoon. I got 2 in 10 mins from the boat pier back there, had another 15 lbs or more behind there too.

Tight Lines

Justanotherbuck2
09-15-2008, 07:17 AM
Just spent the weekend there,Sept 13 and 14, water levels are still high EID has not yet started to lower the level. Fishing was pretty good, the camp ground has some closed sections becuase they are installing full services for next season. And the wind gods were sleeping all weekend during the day calm waters and clear skys.

soggysocks
09-15-2008, 09:16 AM
lol sounds like I should have headed to crawling valley on Sunday instead. But went to play below the Basano Dam and got skunked. Never been to CV yet either so unsure of how shore fishing goes in that area.