PDA

View Full Version : River fishing till freeze up?

Quickhook321
11-06-2013, 08:56 AM
How many ppl fish the nsr river Till freeze up? I havnt been able too the past few years due to work. Is the fishing good? How about the hermitage park outfall? Producing good numbers still? I've never been skuNked there but I've never fished it this time of year.

Red Bullets
11-06-2013, 04:20 PM
I have fished the NSR during the winter where it doesn't freeze. I have caught more rocky mountain whites in the winter.

Graffy91
11-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Seen some decent chunks floating down today when I crossed the Quesnell this morning on the way to work.

CanadianBadass
11-07-2013, 08:39 AM
I will be fishing the NSR until late January, Lots of places on the NSR never freeze Up !

BGSH
11-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Myself i fish the NSR all year round from shore where there is open water, never venture onto the nsr ice, if you do fish the nsr during the cold frozen months of the nsr do so from shore where you come accross open water.

CanadianBadass
11-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Im always drilling holes in the NSR pulling sturgeon up all year long ....... :scared0018:

. But seriously Like BGSH says, Never go onto the NSR ice at any spot or moment, if so you are simply signing your death slip !

lol

CanadianBadass
11-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Seen some decent chunks floating down today when I crossed the Quesnell this morning on the way to work.

Ya I noticed today lots of little ice floats going by today as well !

Its crazy how fast it closes up

Graffy91
11-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Ya I noticed today lots of little ice floats going by today as well !

Its crazy how fast it closes up

Give her another 2 weeks and it will be hard to find open spots.

Sitting in a tent with a heater and electronics is much better than bait fishing the river in the cold anyways haha.

CanadianBadass
11-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Give her another 2 weeks and it will be hard to find open spots.

Sitting in a tent with a heater and electronics is much better than bait fishing the river in the cold anyways haha.

I have a spot that's open for about 1 km long , bank to bank 365 a year, and ive also pulled a sturgeon out while fishing there, I will pm you the spot if you want,