PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol in a shack/tent

Flieguy
11-08-2013, 10:52 AM
I know it's illegal to consume alcohol on the lake because it's in public, but is it illegal if it's in a shack or tent?

PS I'm not going to go out and get wasted on the ice, just be nice to put a little something in my coffee.

thanks

BeeGuy
11-08-2013, 10:57 AM
I was under the impression it was a prerequisite.

Gust
11-08-2013, 10:59 AM
I'd look up an older law about being out of sight. Brown Bagging beer was legal well into the eighties and there is a funny law about drinking on your porch "if a person on a sidewalk can reach you at arms length, you are breaking the by-law".

I won't say anything if you don't.

Dark Wing
11-08-2013, 10:59 AM
I know it's illegal to consume alcohol on the lake because it's in public, but is it illegal if it's in a shack or tent?

PS I'm not going to go out and get wasted on the ice, just be nice to put a little something in my coffee.

thanks

Put a cot and a sleeping bag in your ice shack and your good to go. I haven't done this my self but have seen it and a F&W officer said it was legal.

300backfire
11-08-2013, 11:07 AM
best one I seen couple years ago, couple guts took an old holiday trailer on the ice cut a hole in the floor, and proceeded fishing and drinking. lol. although I quit drinking couple years ago, I couldn't help but think, why didn't I think of that?

Duster
11-08-2013, 11:21 AM
You have to have a bed and a cooking source and than you are good to go.

kevinhits
11-08-2013, 11:25 AM

thanks

I have a few beers but keep it respectful at anytime....If you are being responsible and not being an idiot drunk....You will be ok..

I have had a couple CO,s check me on the ice and they were ok with a beer or two....Just don't have a flat with ya....:)

Flieguy
11-08-2013, 11:25 AM
You have to have a bed and a cooking source and than you are good to go.

lot of trouble to go through just to bring booze.... Wonder if a couple blankets and my hiking stove counts?

kevinhits
11-08-2013, 11:34 AM
:happy0034:lot of trouble to go through just to bring booze.... Wonder if a couple blankets and my hiking stove counts?

Winch101
11-08-2013, 11:37 AM
If you wearing a Ford Nation tee shirt ,you are good to go ...

AppleJax
11-08-2013, 11:47 AM
If you wearing a Ford Nation tee shirt ,you are good to go ...

Just don't get into a drunken stupor.....

fish gunner
11-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Bathroom , cooking facilities good to go ...but like the guys on sylvan found out expect the GRC to be parked at the ramp to bust them an shove the driver in the back seat, tow the truck and let me give the two other "responsible" drinkers back to town.

Fishy
11-08-2013, 12:36 PM
a bit of baileys isn't going to hurt! everything in moderation

last minute
11-08-2013, 12:43 PM

thanks

HUMM I think some things are better left un-said :thinking-006:

BGSH
11-08-2013, 01:40 PM
HUMM I think some things are better left un-said :thinking-006:

He didn't do anything wrong here, just asking if he can have something he can put in his coffee in his tent and if it was legal, don't know how it's better left unsaid, i think this is a great question. i would also like to know if it's legal to have a shot well in the ice shake.

beerhunter
11-08-2013, 01:45 PM
He didn't do anything wrong here, just asking if he can have something he can put in his coffee in his tent and if it was legal, don't know how it's better left unsaid, i think this is a great question. i would also like to know if it's legal to have a shot well in the ice shake.

It think he meant "Better left unsaid" meaning "no one needs to know".

dragon
11-08-2013, 01:52 PM
It is only illegal if you don't share with me.

skykomish sunrise
11-08-2013, 03:05 PM
once u make your tent a temporary residence you are perfectly legal to enjoy a drink. Sleeping bag and stove and a bag in a bucket for # 2 is all you need...just be sure to clean up the cans so others don't have to

CanadianBadass
11-08-2013, 03:09 PM

So if I have a bed and cooking material .... Is crack ok too ? lol

Lefty-Canuck
11-08-2013, 03:26 PM
So if I have a bed and cooking material .... Is crack ok too ? lol

Only if you are in a drunken stupor and you are an elected official.

LC

CanadianBadass
11-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Only if you are in a drunken stupor and you are an elected official.

LC

oh ****, I forgot the drunken stupor part, so just to make sure

#1 , Get **** faced
#2 , Set up cot
#3 , Take a **** in a bucket

if these three steps are followed I can consume crack !

Sweet deal man, Thanks for the heads up

:sSig_cool2:

Redfrog
11-08-2013, 04:01 PM

You crack me up:sHa_shakeshout:

slivers86
11-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Like what others said, most CO's aren't there to ruin a good day.
If you have a vehicle, use common sense and don't get carried away.
Clean up, and respect others.
Honesty will be everything when it comes to chatting with and LEO that comes up and talks to you. If they ask, tell them you have a 6 pack between you and a buddy for the day. Generally they wont care and move on!

mooseknuckle
11-08-2013, 08:12 PM

Classic "robfordism"!! Yep we have a name for it now. And me and jay have rolled it out a few times tonight!!

moosehunter3-0
11-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Put a cot and a sleeping bag in your ice shack and your good to go. I haven't done this my self but have seen it and a F&W officer said it was legal.

x2 As long as it's a "temporary residence". It's the same as camping.

silverdoctor
11-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Everything is legal til you get caught.

mudbug
11-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Don't spill :thinking-006:

AppleJax
11-09-2013, 02:32 AM
Classic "robfordism"!! Yep we have a name for it now. And me and jay have rolled it out a few times tonight!!

Haha, knowing you and Jay your probably still up at this hour working on that "drunken stupor". Birds chirping yet?

Geezle
11-09-2013, 05:36 AM
Haha, knowing you and Jay your probably still up at this hour working on that "drunken stupor". Birds chirping yet?

No man, there's fishing to be done!

happyfisher
11-10-2013, 01:43 PM
ill be drunk in my shack...i dont care...if a fish cop wants to harass me go ahead....the only way you are gunna get me out of my shack is with a real cop there...and me in cuffs

FishingFrenzy
11-10-2013, 04:19 PM
ill be drunk in my shack...i dont care...if a fish cop wants to harass me go ahead....the only way you are gunna get me out of my shack is with a real cop there...and me in cuffs

Fish and Wildlife can enforce the following:

Legal Authorities

Fish and Wildlife officers have the authority to enforce a number of provincial and federal regulations:
Provincial legislation

Wildlife Act and Regulation
Fisheries (Alberta) Act and Regulations
Traffic Safety Act and Regulations (numerous regulations such as OHV Reg.)
Gaming and Liquor Act and Regulation (limited)
Provincial Offences Procedure Act and Regulation
Forests Act and Regulations
Public Lands Act (limited)
Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act and Regulation (limited)
Petty Trespass Act
Provincial Parks Act and Regulation
Wilderness Areas, Ecological Reserves, Natural Areas and Heritage Rangelands Act
Fuel Tax Act and Regulation

Federal legislation

Fisheries Act (Canada) and Regulations
Migratory Birds Convention Act, 1994 and Regulations
Freshwater Fish Marketing Act
WAPPRIITA (Wild Animal and Plant Protection and Regulation of International and Interprovincial Trade Act and Regulations)
Vessel Operation Restriction Regulations and Small Vessel Regulations
Criminal Code
Controlled Drugs and Substances Act

Not sure how/why Fish and Wildlife Officers aren't "real cops". Seems to me they carry handcuffs and can haul your drunken arse out of an iceshack if they feel like it.

Doesn't sound like your someone they would bother trying to educate though.

happyfisher
11-10-2013, 05:46 PM
ok retard....if u dont got a gun....u aint takin me out of my shack....done...

google what u want...

Ken07AOVette
11-10-2013, 06:14 PM

google what u want...

Are you calling fishingfrenzy a retard? PUI?
We get your point, but i am sure ff was just trying to help, not pick a fight.

Clgy_Dave2.0
11-10-2013, 06:24 PM

google what u want...

Any time I've been checked for booze/licenses, etc, it's been by a CO, who carry. I wasn't aware F&W didn't carry.

FishingFrenzy
11-10-2013, 06:26 PM

google what u want...

Every Fish and Wildlife Officer I have encountered carries a gun...sometimes two.

I do Google what I want... this is what I found not sure if your interested: http://oneimprovedunit.com/5-violence-free-ways-to-deal-with-*******s/

As for the thread, definitely a "subjective" topic. In the eyes of the law I am fairly certain it is considered open consumption unless you have "cooking facilities" and "bathroom facilities" in which case I believe it becomes a temporary residence, and you can drink.

On the same note if you just want a little baileys in your coffee, who's gonna know? If you've got an open 36 pack of beer next to your rod holder... you might get in some trouble.

all canadian
11-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Why would someone want to drink all afternoon in an ice shack then endanger peoples lives and children and drive home? Here is a good idea: drink at home and just enjoy the day out with friends and family without drinking.
I don't need alcohol to enjoy a day fishing!

Flieguy
11-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Why would someone want to drink all afternoon in an ice shack then endanger peoples lives and children and drive home? Here is a good idea: drink at home and just enjoy the day out with friends and family without drinking.

I'm not planning on taking shots or chugging beers all day, just a little spiced rum in my coffee.

I never have more than 2 drinks and drive, and if it's a long drive I wouldn't have any at all.

Dewey Cox
11-10-2013, 07:18 PM

google what u want...

Poetry. Like a hillbilly haiku.

mooseknuckle
11-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Any time I've been checked for booze/licenses, etc, it's been by a CO, who carry. I wasn't aware F&W didn't carry.

X2 they also carry hand cuffs.

huntsfurfish
11-10-2013, 07:35 PM

Agree! And have no problem giving LEO heads up on a drinker/driver:sHa_sarcasticlol:

IMHO drinking driver worse then a poacher any day!

Ken07AOVette
11-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Agree! And have no problem giving LEO heads up on a drinker/driver:sHa_sarcasticlol:
IMHO drinking driver worse then a poacher any day!

Agree, I have called from my shack next to the drunk that stumbled and slobbered his way out of his shack to his truck.

Stupid bastards that have to be lit for every recreation activity don't deserve any breaks, no compassion for self inflicted wounds.

Entitled idiots.

Kim473
11-11-2013, 10:55 AM

Some F & W have those cuffs and powers to haul you in to the nearest cop station.

Gust
11-11-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm not planning on taking shots or chugging beers all day, just a little spiced rum in my coffee.

I never have more than 2 drinks and drive, and if it's a long drive I wouldn't have any at all.

So you're bringing a Keg on the ice?

But why?

Why a texas mickey?

Why, why, why?

happyfisher
11-11-2013, 06:21 PM
ok...ill have a sleeping bag and a wood stove in my shack.....then ill drink till i puke....:bad_boys_20:

Son of Sniglett
11-11-2013, 08:04 PM

You sound pretty pumped-up about the idea of an alcohol-fueled confrontation with the authorities. Itchin' for a tazerin', are ya?

corey b
11-11-2013, 08:49 PM
as long as you are not drunk i cant see it being a problem. plus you are in a private shake

huntsfurfish
11-11-2013, 11:14 PM
ok...ill have a sleeping bag and a wood stove in my shack.....then ill drink till i puke....:bad_boys_20:

Just don't drive.

ETOWNCANUCK
11-11-2013, 11:20 PM
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/Etowncanuck/P6060031_zps57acacde.jpg (http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/Etowncanuck/media/P6060031_zps57acacde.jpg.html)

Shmag
11-12-2013, 07:01 AM
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a582/Etowncanuck/P6060031_zps57acacde.jpg (http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/Etowncanuck/media/P6060031_zps57acacde.jpg.html)

It's a sad sad day when that green grass looks better than the beer...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Lefty-Canuck
11-12-2013, 07:56 AM

You sound like an absolute joy to hang around....you must be the life of the party all the time!

Can I be your friend?

LC :)

Winch101
11-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Definitely some juvenile responses here.....in my career as a drug and alcohol
Councillor people with some of the attitudes expressed here ,usually end up
Dead,hopefully by themselves ,or in jail .....With any luck rehab....

At Badger ,the CO s checked everybody especially ,the drunken dickwads down the lake...they were ticketed for open fire on ice .....and guess who was waiting for them when they drove off the ice .....here blow into this:sHa_sarcasticlol:

FYI. This is how the police handle drunk people now days....enjoy

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/man-tasered-by-montreal-police-dies-in-hospital-1.2423309

BGSH
11-12-2013, 09:11 AM
just don't drink and drive

CanadianBadass
11-12-2013, 02:56 PM

X2

happyfisher
11-12-2013, 04:08 PM
i wont drink and drive...cause if they catch me i will have to drive the speed limit while my license is revoked.....thats not cool

Flieguy
11-12-2013, 04:12 PM

x3

happyfisher
11-12-2013, 04:27 PM
yo lefty lets party....ill be on gull this year....just follow the puke.....it will lead to my shack....

happyfisher
11-12-2013, 04:29 PM
and etown....u2

:bad_boys_20:

Lefty-Canuck
11-12-2013, 04:35 PM
yo lefty lets party....ill be on gull this year....just follow the puke.....it will lead to my shack....

Werd!

LC

matt1984
11-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Last year on Cold Lake a 6 pack between 5 guys got us 500 dollars in tickets. Watch out for the angry woman C.O. with something to prove.:argue2:

pickrel pat
11-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Oh my! Lol.

huntsfurfish
11-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Last year on Cold Lake a 6 pack between 5 guys got us 500 dollars in tickets. Watch out for the angry woman C.O. with something to prove.:argue2:

That's only $100.00 each. Worth it, right?:)

Next thing people will be saying, "it was only 1/8th inch under size limit".;)lol