PDA

View Full Version : Lo Pro Angler 2 pontoon boat

jpohlic
09-17-2008, 03:17 PM
I've been thinking of upgrading my 12' aluminum to make it easier and more enjoyable for a day of family fishing. I enjoy using my boat solo but when you add the wife and two kids, all the extra gear, tackle boxes, cooler, dogs, etc... it gets a little crowded and uncomfortable.

I'd love to get a 20' pontoon boat that the kids could tube behind but I don't want to spend that much. This pontoon boat seems like a better alternative than upgrading to a 14' or 16' aluminum. The kids could stand up and walk around, the dogs could lay down, mom could have a comfy seat and dad could finally be able to fish!!!

Has anyone seen or used one of these pontoon boats? How are they on the water and what is the construction quality like?

http://www.moonriverproducts.com/lo-pro-angler2.htm

Lo Pro Angler II Specifications:
Deck Size: 7' x 12'
Total Length: 16'11"
Pontoon Diameter: 12"
Person Capacity: 5
Weight Capacity: 850 lbs., persons, motor and gear
Horsepower Capacity: 8 h.p.

Drano
09-18-2008, 02:17 AM
Looks like a great little unit.
What is the cost on this any ideas?:wave:

ULTRAlite
09-18-2008, 07:53 PM
never seen one that small before - looks good, but I'd be interested in price as well??

jpohlic
09-19-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm still waiting to hear from the local dealer how much the boat weighs and what they are charging for them. I thought they were manufactured locally in Edmonton but it turns out they are made in the USA. MSRP on the manufacturer's website is $4184.

gpguy7
09-24-2008, 12:40 AM
i'd love to know what either one of the anglers is worth, if you find out please let me know!

jpohlic
09-24-2008, 08:26 AM
I emailed the factory and received this response.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your e-mail and interest in our products. We used to have a dealer in Edmonton, but he apparently went out of business, as we have not been able to get in contact with him for months, nor has anyone else who has tried. Unfortunately, we do not have any other dealers in Canada at this time. You are welcome to pick up the product directly from our factory in Michigan, but that is quite a distance from you. I am sorry I can't help you any better than that.

The approximate weight of the Lo Pro Cruiser II is 605 lbs.

Thanks again for your e-mail.

Sincerely,
Ronda Bruskotter
Paddle King, Inc.
(989) 235-6776

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The MSRP on the paddle king website was $4184 US. Their website also lists a few dealers in Montana.

gpguy7
09-26-2008, 03:06 AM
well that is dumb. i loved this boat. no help to us now! guess ill have to go to illinois and buy the 17 foot ranger bass boat i was looking at! what a bummer..

jpohlic
04-09-2010, 01:11 PM
I found one for sale in Edmonton for $3995 but unfortunately daughter #1 is getting braces this year, so no boat for me... maybe someone else will snap this up.

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-powerboats-motorboats-Pontoon-boat-W0QQAdIdZ197393219