PDA

View Full Version : Buzz bombs

Wanderingwest
11-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Aside from fish tales and Canadian tire, who in the city carries a good selection of buzz bomb lures? I keep loosing the darn things. FYI bass pro surprisingly doesn't carry them yet.

Flieguy
11-12-2013, 08:14 AM
Pretty sure Wholesale sports does.

Walleyedude
11-12-2013, 08:43 AM
The Fishin Hole has a whole rack of them...

J D
11-12-2013, 08:49 AM
If you can find a zinger I find they work even better.

Wanderingwest
11-12-2013, 09:04 AM
The Fishin Hole has a whole rack of them...

Sorry thats what i ment when i said fish tales lol.

Wanderingwest
11-12-2013, 09:06 AM
If you can find a zinger I find they work even better.

Will do, the buzz bomb is the only lure ive been fishing with lately, it just keeps producing. Problem is is i get so excited i fail to keep retying my lure, and i loose it on a cast.

Zzinger lure is made by the same company as buzz bomb right? Is that the one youre talking about?

azn_rice_man
11-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Will do, the buzz bomb is the only lure ive been fishing with lately, it just keeps producing. Problem is is i get so excited i fail to keep retying my lure, and i loose it on a cast.

Zzinger lure is made by the same company as buzz bomb right? Is that the one youre talking about?

Same company.

Wholesale Sports has quite the selection on them.

J D
11-12-2013, 09:12 AM

Can't remember if they are made by the same company or not. I have used both and they are very similar but I just seem to get better results on the zzinger. Pretty much a buzz bomb that looks more like a fish.

Brandonkop
11-12-2013, 11:01 AM
How are you using the buzz bombs? Rivers or lakes?

I've only used them casting from shore at lower K lakes before and had success with fat bulls. Kind of wondering what is the best way to use them because I know they are a great lure I just don't utilize them much. Anyone ice fish with them?

bubba 96
11-12-2013, 03:47 PM

I've only used them casting from shore at lower K lakes before and had success with fat bulls. Kind of wondering what is the best way to use them because I know they are a great lure I just don't utilize them much. Anyone ice fish with them?

yup works wonders at spray, chunk of smelt and jig it works good..

rycoma
11-12-2013, 04:01 PM
I used to use them on the bow in the fall and early in th spring. They used to make a yellow chartreuse one that was deadly haven't been able to find them anywhere.

bobalong
11-12-2013, 11:10 PM

I have used them ice fishing for walleye and although they attract fish very well, it did not result in a lot of hits. Might try them on a dropper setup this year to see if the hits increase.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/bobalong/Ice%20Fishing/IMG_1952_zps22f1b15f.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bobalong/media/Ice%20Fishing/IMG_1952_zps22f1b15f.jpg.html)

Wanderingwest
11-13-2013, 06:51 AM
Fished them for trout in the bow, cast, let drop a bit, pull rod tip 2-3' (must be fluid with it) then bring your rod tip back letting them drop while realign in the slack. Trout seem to hit it when you pull. I found all that i need for now at the canadian tire at south land and McLeod. Very good selection here. I find the pink/white and chrome in 2" work best. Ensure you are retying your hook every 20-30 casts as they will wear on your line. If you start dragging bottom, speed up your retrieve. I've caught bows and browns this way.

dodgeboy1979
11-13-2013, 09:15 AM
i've only used them vertically jigging for lake trout, they work real well with an anchovy on the treble.

Kokanee9
11-13-2013, 03:15 PM

Was that you the other day that bounced 1 off my forehead from the other side of the river? LOL.

Wanderingwest
11-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Was that you the other day that bounced 1 off my forehead from the other side of the river? LOL.

It just might have been! Where were you fishin?

Kokanee9
11-15-2013, 02:41 AM
It just might have been! Where were you fishin?

I was just kidding around.