PDA

View Full Version : Ice Fishing and cabins

bigdeal06
11-12-2013, 01:35 PM
:sign0085:PLEASE HELP!! Hey all, I'm trying to put together a NYE get together for 4 families, our kids and our dogs. Any suggestions? We're wanting to be as close to Edmonton as possible. We're looking for cabins big enough for each of our families together or seperate, but there must be good ice fishing. No crappy swil ponds or anything. Also, if you know of anywhere that does sled rentals as well, that'd be an added bonus :) Please help!! Thank you
Also, this is my first time in a forum, if there's anything I'm not doing right please let me know lol

bubba 96
11-12-2013, 02:06 PM
We usally book at southshore fishing adventures in faust on slave lake, cabins right on the ice, we are booked for jan 2 to the 5th..

bigdeal06
11-12-2013, 02:22 PM
right on :) thank you, I'll look into it!

paulco
11-14-2013, 07:31 AM
Try Roadrunner Cabins at Joussard. They have 4 beautiful cabins about
1 mile from the lake, brand new, fully equipped ,very clean. They rent ice shacks as well.

mikeym
11-14-2013, 08:21 AM
not sure who is running the place now or if they are still renting out in winter anymore, but Anchor Inn on Fawcett Lake rents out (2) cabins in the winter time which are pretty nice units. added bonus they have indoor facilities. stayed there about 5 years ago.

also did the on ice ice shack thing at Slave Lake about 6 yrs ago, and while nice and pretty fun, i would rather rent the cabins again then the ice shacks.

rgds
Mike