PDA

View Full Version : BBJ Fishing adventures

diamond k
11-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Buddy of mine bought some kind of gift certificate from a DU banquet last year and has been trying to get in touch with them but cant get a call back or an answer. I know he was on here and was a sponsor. I see he is no longer regestered and not a sponsor. Can anyone tell me if he is still in business. He just wanted to see if he can transfer the GC or just throw it out and consider it a donation to DU

drake
11-13-2013, 02:32 PM
x2....i someone else who was trying to get in touch with him

dodgeboy1979
11-13-2013, 02:45 PM
maybe get ahold of Wayne Christie, he is listed as one of the prostaffers

Safety D
11-13-2013, 02:46 PM
I think he is a phoney. Guiding on the North Sask from shore. What kind of guide doesn't have a river boat? Seems goofy to me.

Albertadiver
11-13-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm in fairly regular contact with him.

He's been deathly ill and bedridden with something like pnemonia for months. He's been in and out of the hospital and had to cancel a number of his guiding trips this past summer.

I can try to text him if you like.

npauls
11-13-2013, 02:48 PM
jon is very sick and hasnt been able to do anything as of late.

Kokanee9
11-13-2013, 03:12 PM
I think he is a phoney. Guiding on the North Sask from shore. What kind of guide doesn't have a river boat? Seems goofy to me.

Sometimes things are not as they seem.

It's too easy to jump to conclusions on here.

Okotokian
11-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Sometimes things are not as they seem.

It's too easy to jump to conclusions on here.

Yes. Just hitting the road and ignoring commitments doesn't sound like the BBJ I'm familiar with.

diamond k
11-13-2013, 03:26 PM
I'm in fairly regular contact with him.

He's been deathly ill and bedridden with something like pnemonia for months. He's been in and out of the hospital and had to cancel a number of his guiding trips this past summer.

I can try to text him if you like.

No need. We will just call it a donation and move on.

Albertadiver
11-13-2013, 03:29 PM
No need. We will just call it a donation and move on.

Mods you can close this. I am sure he does not need the stress of keyboard bullies making comments.

It's ok - just talked to john and he's sincerely concerned about making contact.

PM incoming to you with contact info.

Thx

diamond k
11-13-2013, 03:33 PM
I will pass it on. Thanks

Just curious do you know if he is still in business and has a boat. Dale ( my friend) asked to see a business licence and insurance and John kept putting off providing last year.

He does not wat to go on trip but was going to donate to Big Brothers but they need insurance to accept as well we wanted to make sure it was transferable.

Anyone gone on a trip with him, would it be a good trip for a big brother/Big sisters trip.

Albertadiver
11-13-2013, 04:48 PM

Just curious do you know if he is still in business and has a boat. Dale ( my friend) asked to see a business licence and insurance and John kept putting off providing last year.

He does not wat to go on trip but was going to donate to Big Brothers but they need insurance to accept as well we wanted to make sure it was transferable.

Anyone gone on a trip with him, would it be a good trip for a big brother/Big sisters trip.

I assume once his health gets back to where it needs to be he will be guiding again. Yes, he has a pretty nice boat, a newer tracker I believe.

I have never fished with him, and don't know about the licence side of things.

Hope that helps. He did say he was going to respond to any emails he recieved. He's left AO for a number of reasons, similar to many others that have left or taken self-imposed time outs lately.

bubba 96
11-13-2013, 04:53 PM

yes he has a boat it a nice one he bought from bass pro a few yrs ago, he is very proud of it, Iv fished with him at travers with npauls..

Alberta Bigbore
11-13-2013, 05:37 PM
He's left AO for a number of reasons, similar to many others that have left or taken self-imposed time outs lately.

Left?

hal53
11-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Left?
self imposed hiatus, because...well see post #4 here......pretty sad....

duceman
11-13-2013, 09:49 PM
Left?

shouldn't be too hard to figure out, lee

BGSH
11-13-2013, 09:54 PM

You don't need a boat to guide man. Know many steel guides on the west coast that don't always bring out the drift boats and get there clients into fish from shore. Even on the nsr depending on what fish species you are going for you do not need to take a boat out.

diamond k
11-13-2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys. We have decided to just consider it a donation to DU and will just take out some Big brother/Big sisters teams out this summer on our own. At least we can control the experience. Thanks for all the PM's and responses.

troutbug
11-13-2013, 10:24 PM
He is still quite active on facebook so not sure why he wouldn't reply to people via other sources.

diamond k
11-13-2013, 10:32 PM
Decision has been made. Mods please feel free to either close or delete this thread. :character0053:

Snap Shot
11-13-2013, 10:41 PM
Im not going to lie. The guy ran a a phoney add of a friend of mine/ Ao member drakes brother of a Picture of him holding onto a good size sturgeon. The pic was put on Ao here under the fishing section. He was never there or did we even know of him when we caught the fish. We later saw the picture used as a add in Western Sportsman Mag. He was confronted and offered up a free "guided" fishing adventure. Which he has never come through with.

If he is reading this please contact drake about the above immediately.

Alberta Bigbore
11-13-2013, 11:21 PM
shouldn't be too hard to figure out, lee

No kidding. You dont say. I am blown away with this post.

Anyways... he didnt leave.

Albertadiver
11-13-2013, 11:29 PM
No kidding. You dont say. I am blown away with this post.

Anyways... he didnt leave.

Then why does his profile say guest? If he was asked to leave it should say banned or suspended.

I'm not here to defend BBJ but I know of some of his personal circumstances that are not what most people have to deal with. I'm sure BBJ's poop stinks the same as everyone else's.

As noted in other posts. Perhaps this thread be locked As the op's original post has been answered. The mods know I've said the same in pm's.

Alberta Bigbore
11-13-2013, 11:36 PM
Then why does his profile say guest? If he was asked to leave it should say banned or suspended.

I'm not here to defend BBJ but I know of some of his personal circumstances that are not what most people have to deal with. I'm sure BBJ's poop stinks the same as everyone else's.

As noted in other posts. Perhaps this thread be locked As the op's original post has been answered. The mods know I've said the same in pm's.

Oh its a good story. But yes hes not allowed on AO in any shape or form. Things that went on were handled not by the mods. I will lock the thread fornthe select couple that feel a non member needs some kind of protection.... even though behind AO's back.. many foul thing were seen said... coming from a AO Sponsor. . No sympathy here. Now that his business is not a sponsor.... its no more than someone slandering or complaining about Cabelas. Why should he get some protection?