PDA

View Full Version : Littering really irks me!!!

Mudder Man
02-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Hey i dont know if any of you guys know the people that were parked at the entrance onto the lake at Brownlows or not. There was a small Travel Trailer around 23 foot and a Motor Home and what looked like a 1 ton Dually Dodge with a Welding unit in the back of the truck.

Well for someone that ownes a fairly pricey Motor Home he and they are Trailer Park Trash as far as i am concerned. After their stay for the past Long weekend they pulled out and left there Garbage behind where they were Parked.

I cant believe that people have enough room to bring stuff out to our great outdoors and not have the room to take it back when they leave.

And yes this goes for all you guys that leave your Timmy Ho's Coffee cups on the Ice as well. Get a brain and frigging grow up as your Mom is not there to pick up after you.

Guess if the garbage is still there tomorrow i will have a Bag to pick it all up. Seem like i do this more and more often these days.

Discusted again!!!!

re
02-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Thats pathetic!!!!! I know what you mean! At Crawling Valley where the Bassano diversion comes in by the campground a person could retire on the amount of beer cans laying around not to mention all the other garbage. ****es me off when people leave their old line behind too. Doesn't matter where ya go there is always a tim hortons coffee cup laying somewhere. People just don't care!

nube
02-22-2007, 10:11 PM
My biggest pet peeve is the guys that throw their cigaretes out the window. What are ash trays for???? I here you Mudder Man

fishnamed
02-23-2007, 01:29 AM
The ashtray is for your spare change.:D :D

Mudder Man
02-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Hey Nube i hear you there buddy. They just throw them anywhere and at anytime of the year to boot. I think i heard somewhere once that it can take upwards of 100 years for the filter on a Ciggy Butt to decompose.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.......:eek

Mudder Man
02-23-2007, 09:22 AM
BuckCrazy the line is always left behind by some people isnt it. You know the people that i enjoy the Outdoors with would never leave a thing behind when we head out for hunting, camping and or fishing. When we have a new person joining our group he & or she gets clued in very quickly.

Lets all do our part to train people out there...maybe carry your Baseball Bat.....lol:rollin

SNAPFisher
02-23-2007, 02:01 PM
I would have been nice to get the license plate so that the person(s) could receive a nice fine for littering in the mail.

On the cig butts, if you see someone do it write down the license plate and phone it in. A ticket will be mailed to the owner of the vehicle. It is worth the effort IMO especially if it helps curb even one person.

wildman
02-23-2007, 02:08 PM
yep.
i ALWAYS leave with more trash than i produce. you see it everywhere. especially in busy spots like lac st. anne, carson, gull, etc.
the fish-cops are always looking for a money influx, why not send teams out solely fining litterers??!?!?!? each fine could be complete with a running kick to the junk!!!!

Fight Back
02-23-2007, 04:21 PM
When ever i see someone litter i always say somthing to them wheather its in Edmonton or on the lake. It amazes me how piggish some people can be.
I have a couple places I camp in the bush and every annual trip back its always a 15 minute cleanup job prior to setting up. I build a @#%$ house every year out of plywood and toilet seat and sure as @#%$ every year some ***** steals it WTF. Littering and stealin @#%$ houses is the lowest anyone can go.

Ryanlookingforperch
02-24-2007, 04:39 AM
That is just brutal FiveO.

I know my Uncle used to have a lil "Cabin" on the athabasca, he'd leave it unlocked and with some food in it, with a note to leave no mess and re stock it (if they could).

Even out there, I think it took us like 4 hours by quad to get there through the bush...HE said a few times people messed it up, damaged stuff.

Unfortunate, but a sad fact of life....

good luck.

Ryan