PDA

View Full Version : Kananaskis ice fishing

NCFlyfishin
11-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Just wondering if there is a pond in the kananaskis area that has enough ice to ice fish next weekend, one that I have a good chance of catching something in.
Thanks
NC

Flieguy
11-17-2013, 07:39 PM
you can fish mclean pond. Try in 5 FOW, they like inch long yellow tube jigs or yellow genz worms. Velveeta works fairly well, so does power bait.

Ice fishing there is hit and miss

NCFlyfishin
11-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the reply!

kinwahkly
11-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Anybody ever ice fish Wedge pond ?

jacenbeers
11-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Two Sundays ago I went ice fishing in a small mountain lake and successfully hit into a nice Rainbow. It should be pretty easy to find a small lake with good ice on it at this point. Wedge should be OK, Sibbald, Mclean, and all of the hike in lakes would be good too.

tallieho
11-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Anybody ever ice fish Wedge pond ?
I am curious, if you don't mind.Why would you ice fish Wedge pond?I thought it was a c &r fishery....

jacenbeers
11-18-2013, 12:46 PM
I am curious, if you don't mind.Why would you ice fish Wedge pond?I thought it was a c &r fishery....

Arctic grayling are really cool. I have tried ice fishing for them there as well. You can still ice fish without eating your catch.,

kinwahkly
11-18-2013, 08:58 PM
I very rarely keep fish, I keep the odd lake whitefish for a fish fry, I've fly fished wedge over the past years and Arctic grayling are such a nice fish , just wondered if anybody has tried to ice fish for them .

JReed
11-18-2013, 09:05 PM
I very rarely keep fish, I keep the odd lake whitefish for a fish fry, I've fly fished wedge over the past years and Arctic grayling are such a nice fish , just wondered if anybody has tried to ice fish for them .

I've been wondering the same, I have friday off. Might head out and try it. I was there a couple weekends ago and it had enough ice to walk on