PDA

View Full Version : More snow ?? The ice will take longer

Kim473
11-19-2013, 05:10 AM
With all this snow and more to come this week. The ice will be slow coming. And crap ta boot. I was hopeing in a week or so but now? Maybe not till mid Dec. if we get some really cold. Gonna be a bad winter on the lakes and more winter kills if we get too much snow. May not be driveing on till mid Jan this year. Need less snow and more cold.

Northwinds
11-19-2013, 12:51 PM
had 2 inches of white crappy ice and a inch of good ice yesterday.Fish needed to be fed so I slid a molded ice shack out in 6 feet of water.Fed fish and left the shack on the ice overnight as it was pretty cold.What a terrible mistake that was!!!!!! Darn thing melted though the ice yesterday afternoon sometime,what a nightmare getting it out. I never dreamed there would be enough heat from the sun to melt it thru.....guess the trout go hungry for a while longer.
I also noticed that with the snow , the ice right next to shore has melted,ground wasn't frozen and the snow is insulating it enough to melt from shore out. Be careful

waterninja
11-19-2013, 12:52 PM
i agree kim. i wasn't planning to get out till mid dec. anyways but if we keep getting snow it just makes it harder to get to favourite spots and then theres all that flood water.

Mike_W
11-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Do all the bigger lake already have ice? Slave and cold lake I would imagine are still open but what about gull calling ect.?

Kim473
11-20-2013, 05:31 AM
i agree kim. i wasn't planning to get out till mid dec. anyways but if we keep getting snow it just makes it harder to get to favourite spots and then theres all that flood water.

Thinking of maybe next weekend to my fav trout spot. You want to make a run there. You know where you went into the ditch before on your way there. Been -10 for a week now so it should be good in another 1.5 weeks. Let me know.