PDA

View Full Version : Newell report

Winch101
09-19-2008, 07:20 PM
No launch under construction , went to Crawling Valley

usual pike and walleyes ....windy ....

FisherPotch
09-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Thats too bad. Sorry to hear that It didn't work out to get on Newell.

Stella
09-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Somebody told me that you could launch at the canoe club launch to the north of the park launch. I am not sure if this true or not. Went past there today and there were a few boats on the water, so they must have launched at the marina.

FisherPotch
09-19-2008, 11:39 PM
There is a launch near the north east outlet/dam. It isn't anything special though. No concrete just beach, Had my 4x4 dam near submerged just to get the boat to float off trailer. Decided to hand bomb it after that, so if ya have a lil boat your good to go. But there were people launching much bigger boats than mine too so depends what your willing to do. When I was there in June we had no problem launching there though. If you do take a lil boat out on Newell I recommend extreme caution, it can get scary fast. Take care and tight lines.

Winch101
09-20-2008, 05:11 AM
When we showed up there were 5 trucks who had launched at the park
but the launch had just been closed There is a sort of launch ...500 yds from the good one , there were guys launching , they were 100 ft. from shore and the tires were just wet ...we passed...... So I dont know if those guys got off the lake
The construction guy told me they were redoing the launch replacing all
the concrete ...We went over to the marina and no one was there
didnt like the looks of that canal heading out of there ...

So someone post if they have any launch info on the new launch .

kenzo12
09-20-2008, 02:00 PM
but the marina launch is open right?

crudedude
09-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Hey All

Fished Newell today caught a few nice Pike and some Walleyes.We launched at the Marina.No problems water is deep enough.Where you pass the last two markers the before entering the lake it was all dregded out.Weather was perfect water was like glass.:):)

Grizzled
09-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Anyone make it to Newell this past weekend? How was the Fishin?:huh:

CoyoteChallenger
12-12-2008, 09:34 PM
sounds good