PDA

View Full Version : Strikemaster Ice Auger

Winch101
09-20-2008, 05:31 AM
I know this is pushing it a little , but I like to shop till I drop ...:lol:

Anybody have any experience with the 4 strk , strikemaster

I think it is the Mag-lite .... They say fishin hole is the dealer

just thought i would get some imput before i order ...

I want a light one , tired of the heavy Jiffy ... thanks

Alberta Bigbore
09-20-2008, 06:43 AM
i know some model of Strike master was a flop, something about too aggresive of a cut for the motor used. Just what i heard, not hands on.

I liked the Jiffy Stealth STX, didnt like premium gas ill tell you that much. Took a while to fire it up if it was cold, and it stalled out like crazy for the first 8 or so trips, when it was cutting ice. Somehow it smoothed out and ripped holes like crazy. Nice thing about jiffy is you can overlap holes and drive your quad into the bottom of the lake :D

Why not go green and use a IceGator? Blow your Jiffy out of the water. Something like 55 holes in 30 inches of ice on a single charge. Downside is biggest hole being 8 inches .... not 10"

Winch101
09-20-2008, 07:19 AM
That does look interesting , strikemaster has one as well
get pretty good reviews in the states ....I didnt see where gator had a canadian dealer ...They ( elec. models seem to be big on 6" hole )
nothing worse than one fishy eyeball staring up at you through a 6" hole ...:lol:

Alberta Bigbore
09-20-2008, 07:26 AM
strikemasters electric auger and the IceGator are completely different. The magic of the IceGator is in the gear box so im told. You can order them directly. run on batteries, although they are now making a model you can hook up to a car battery i suppose. The vids and reviews ive been reading/seeing have me sold on the idea

spurly
09-20-2008, 08:56 AM
take a good look at the strikemaster before you buy it. it is all plastic even the auger. i was planning on buying one, until i saw this . ended up buying a husky, only 15lbs cuts great but very small fuel tank.the jiffy white lightning is reasonably light .a lot quieter than the jiffy 3hp, and cuts very good. just my experience.