PDA

View Full Version : Glenrose lake

K born
11-28-2013, 08:18 PM
I've heard a few people talk of this lake, but I'm unable to find it anywhere! Can some one tell me where to find this lake that would be great! The reports I've heard is that great perch have been pulled from there!!!
Any info would be and is greatly appreciated!!!

Gust
11-28-2013, 10:20 PM
I've been looking for this lake for you since you posted on the other thread,, the closest I can come up with is Glenmore Reservoir which is closed for fishing and opens on May 1st. If you're still on the forums then, drop me a line and I'll help you out.

Whereabouts are you located? so we can get you on to some fish.

K born
11-29-2013, 08:55 AM
:):)I live in strathmore and thanks for looking, lots of people say it doesn't exist, but there are just as many saying that it does! I called the fishing hole asking if they knew where and they couldn't find it either, they said it must be a really small lake so if I hear of anything I will post my findings. I'm not greedy, I believe everyone should be able to enjoy the thrill of hard water fishing!:)

slew
12-07-2013, 10:07 AM
:):)I live in strathmore and thanks for looking, lots of people say it doesn't exist, but there are just as many saying that it does! I called the fishing hole asking if they knew where and they couldn't find it either, they said it must be a really small lake so if I hear of anything I will post my findings. I'm not greedy, I believe everyone should be able to enjoy the thrill of hard water fishing!:)

its totally exists. went out lastweek and had a great day. landed over sixty of the yellow perch most over a pound. my wife nailed forty of them.

it is a small waterbody off of hwy 21. absolutely great fishing.

slew
12-07-2013, 10:10 AM
I am not sure why people say it doesnot exist. I am not sure if it has an offical name but the locals call it glenrose.

K born
12-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Thanks slew can you pm me the more precise location (ie range road/township) that would be awesome!!!!!

godd1
12-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Just moved back south to Hanna from up north and would like to know were there is some good perch fishing in the south lakes and location. Thanks:

K born
12-13-2013, 09:49 PM
Well was just at bass pro in cross iron and was talking to a guy at the fishing counter and mentioned glenrose and he quickly said "no good!". Seemed really 'fishy' to me, anyone else know where this place is so I can test it for myself!

lesw
12-21-2013, 01:26 PM
Well was just at bass pro in cross iron and was talking to a guy at the fishing counter and mentioned glenrose and he quickly said "no good!". Seemed really 'fishy' to me, anyone else know where this place is so I can test it for myself!

herin lies the problem. it is a great perch spot that is notnwell known. it is a very small waterbody, a pothole soto speak. if the location was given out on a place like this, the lake would be cleaned out in a year. i found it by just taking a change on it to see if there was fish. first cast and I tagged a twenty pound pike. I learned the name from the locals who got me on to the perch. wow it was my funniest day fishing. literally could not keep them off the hook.

Dale S
12-21-2013, 02:25 PM
lesw or slew what ever you want to go by. Don't you have anything better to do.

lesw
12-21-2013, 02:26 PM

?

TROLLER
12-21-2013, 03:39 PM

Just another wanna be @@$@disturber.:sign0176:

lesw
12-21-2013, 03:42 PM
is this common on here?

lesw
12-21-2013, 03:44 PM
I sent him a message to ask why so rude and he said I am an idiot. I know I am not the smartest guy. but I am a decent fisherman. I love it