PDA

View Full Version : Newell ice conditions?

Steelhead008
11-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Anyone have an update on the ice? Its a Long drive to find out its not safe yet

Thanks

Gust
11-29-2013, 05:55 PM
Anyone have an update on the ice? Its a Long drive to find out its not safe yet

Thanks

I don't like saying this as I think it's very rude to suggest,, but, the search function with just the word Newell should bring up a post from a week or ten days past on its thickness.

Steelhead008
11-29-2013, 06:29 PM
I don't like saying this as I think it's very rude to suggest,, but, the search function with just the word Newell should bring up a post from a week or ten days past on its thickness.

Thanks gust, but im looking for something a liitle more recent than 10 days ago after these mild spells.. Alot can change in that time on a big body of water

Gust
11-29-2013, 06:48 PM
Thanks gust, but im looking for something a liitle more recent than 10 days ago after these mild spells.. Alot can change in that time on a big body of water

I hear you on that,, however, Newell - was at least continually - in that corridor of colder weather while things were warmer over Calgary way,, One could almost draw a line through the high and low pressure systems out that way. Another nearby lake to Newell had a glaze of 1 inch ice the same day I was fishing open water 120 Km's South. Hopefully someone will chime in.