PDA

View Full Version : Blood Indian

kinwahkly
11-29-2013, 10:18 PM
Any reports on ice out at Blood indian by Oyen?

pinelakeperch
01-12-2014, 05:27 PM
My dad and I went to Blood today and did well. 25+ Rainbows in 2.5 hours. One nice one, mostly smaller fish. Missed a ton as well, some big ones too.

http://i.imgur.com/ZycZTcj.jpg

1bluZebec
01-12-2014, 06:23 PM
Nice job bud. Sounds like a awesome day:)

ULTRAlite
01-13-2014, 08:54 AM
Was out there over Christmas... Good times. Love that lake - grew up fishing there. We had lots of luck in 8 FOW with small jigs, either Marabou or tipped with a little bait. Managed a couple in the 3 lb range. Have fun!

pinelakeperch
01-13-2014, 02:23 PM
Nice job bud. Sounds like a awesome day:)

Thanks, it was a beauty. Tons of fun.

Was out there over Christmas... Good times. Love that lake - grew up fishing there. We had lots of luck in 8 FOW with small jigs, either Marabou or tipped with a little bait. Managed a couple in the 3 lb range. Have fun!

That's funny, we were in 8 FOW as well, catching many of them at around 5 FOW. So much fun to see them hit your bait. We were using small jigs or jigging spoons tipped with bait. Nothing in the 3 lb range but a couple around 16in. Needless to say, I'm eating trout tonight:sHa_shakeshout:

kinwahkly
01-18-2014, 06:21 PM
Was out today, -3. cool wind from the south, great action till 2 isn, fished 8 to 10 feet water, nice bows.

Gillfisher
01-19-2014, 08:55 AM
Kinwahkly

Were you the group of 2 right by the boat launch? I was in the group of 3 in the red Eskimo flip up. We fished approx 10:30 until 3:30 between us we landed 15 fish my buddy got a couple of nice ones. Most were caught on worms.

kinwahkly
01-19-2014, 10:08 AM
Yes that was us, my dad 77 loves that place so every year I bring him there from Calgary, he's old school with 2 rods 15 lbs line , rusted hooks, power bait and worms, no electronics because he can't understand the water column, and he out fishes me most of the time, with that little bell on the rod, thats all I heard last night as I went to bed was that stupid bell, anyways great day and some nice fish were brought to the pan.

pinelakeperch
01-26-2014, 06:24 PM
Did well at Blood today, it was sure bitter earlier in the day. We iced ten in about two hours of actual fishing, kept nine and threw one back. The average size was a lot bigger today, we were using Berkley 1" minnows on small jigs. My biggest was 14", I'd absolutely love to ice a 20" Rainbow. Maybe some day!

Redfrog
01-26-2014, 10:04 PM
Was there yeterday with my brother. Got some early in the morning, but by 10:30 it was dead. That is an early morning lake for us.

pinelakeperch
02-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Blood was quite tough today. Saw tons of fish at 6 FOW but couldn't entice them to bite. Many swam by or tapped at it but few took the bait. I caught two decent sized ones, slightly larger than average at ~14in. Moved to deeper water and didn't have much luck.

strathmorite
03-23-2014, 10:45 AM
I am planning on heading to Blood Indian at the end of April. Would any one share what that lake is like to fish at that time of year. any gear recommendations for the kids?

pinelakeperch
03-23-2014, 01:38 PM
I am planning on heading to Blood Indian at the end of April. Would any one share what that lake is like to fish at that time of year. any gear recommendations for the kids?

Like any water, Blood can be incredible at times and dead at others. Being a heavily stocked lake, luckily the incredible days out number the dead days. You should be able to catch fish all day with your kids. Weather wise, it'll most likely be quite windy, there aren't a ton of trees out there.

I'd recommend pickerel rigs with #5 or #6 hooks tipped with processed cheese, Berkley trout nuggets, worms, maggots, or corn (yes, I realize they can't digest it, but it's so damn effective). Alternatively, you can also cast using small Mepps or #6 Len Thompson 5 of Diamonds or red and white.

Good luck:)