PDA

View Full Version : will you be able to drive on gull by opening day?

happyfisher
12-03-2013, 06:38 PM
What you think....i wanna drive my shack on....also

will brownlows be a mini shanty town again this year?

fish gunner
12-03-2013, 06:40 PM

No and yes . Quad maybe .

pickrel pat
12-03-2013, 06:41 PM
I dont know now...... All this snow acts as an insulater making for slow ice..... Unless it was windblown off the lake.... Not sure.

fish gunner
12-03-2013, 06:49 PM
I dont know now...... All this snow acts as an insulater making for slow ice..... Unless it was windblown off the lake.... Not sure.

I have some inside info .. buddy at work lives on the shore. 4-6" in the very shallows . he would not venture further . That was before this snow fall . We're a week from opening.

Graffy91
12-03-2013, 07:01 PM

If you want to lose you're truck, sure!

I wouldn't be driving on at all, when I was at Ste. Anne Friday there was 2" of clear ice, 3" of snow mush ice that turned to flood water.

Give it awhile.

yoteblaster
12-03-2013, 07:04 PM
I sure hope so . Fired up the new wood stove in the shack, works great. Just waiting for good ice. I will be out opening day regardless, might have to use the quad though. Tried to check ice last week but gate was locked. Couple of cold days coming up will help.

happyfisher
12-03-2013, 07:12 PM
there is a gate there? when does the gate open?

with all this cold weather i was thinking 10 more days of this and drive on time....

fish gunner
12-03-2013, 07:23 PM

with all this cold weather i was thinking 10 more days of this and drive on time....

Ever been on gull early , if your not sure where the gate is have you ever been on gull ? Im just asking cause you dont seem to know the lake well but you" know" how the ice is ??

SonnyCovin
12-03-2013, 07:24 PM

I was fishing in Lac La Biche and the ice was 10 inches thick. Went on with my Chev 4x4 and a slip tank 1/2 full and went out about 50 yds and turned around that was last wknd. I expect the ice to be at least a foot by this wknd. My question is when does Pigeon Lake open?

yoteblaster
12-03-2013, 08:09 PM
I was fishing in Lac La Biche and the ice was 10 inches thick. Went on with my Chev 4x4 and a slip tank 1/2 full and went out about 50 yds and turned around that was last wknd. I expect the ice to be at least a foot by this wknd. My question is when does Pigeon Lake open?

Why did you turn around? We fished last year with 8 inches of ice with my 3/4 ton diesel pickup. No issues

EZM
12-03-2013, 08:37 PM
too early = Rollin' the dice for this year's winner of the Darwin Awards.

BeeGuy
12-03-2013, 09:21 PM
What's the rush?

I mean, if you have to ask, the answer is no.

happyfisher
12-03-2013, 09:28 PM
i have to put my shack on....and i cant just carry it.....it heavy....so i want to drive out....never been to brownlows...last year was on west side....

i guess ill just get my buddies snowmobile.....

yoteblaster
12-03-2013, 09:36 PM
What's the rush?

I mean, if you have to ask, the answer is no.

If you don,t ask how are you going to know? Pretty valid question

BeeGuy
12-03-2013, 10:35 PM
If you don,t ask how are you going to know? Pretty valid question

Gotta wonder how the first guy that drives on the ice knows...

Who did he ask???

Or maybe he tested the ice so he knew what the conditions were.

happyfisher
12-03-2013, 10:40 PM
beeguy needs his head checked....and i dont have time to explain why...so dont ask....

either way ill be on the ice soon!!!

fish gunner
12-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Gotta wonder how the first guy that drives on the ice knows...

Who did he ask???

Or maybe he tested the ice so he knew what the conditions were.

100%. NEVER TRUST FIRST ICE. gull is an easy lake, try burnstick or one of the real iffy lakes no one goes on, its not a trip to the salon. he he.:)