PDA

View Full Version : Nakamun lake

chop
12-04-2013, 04:19 PM
how far is Nakamun lake from spruce grove ?

CanadianBadass
12-04-2013, 05:12 PM

its only about 25 minutes out, So not to bad

Graffy91
12-04-2013, 06:11 PM

Winterkilled. Dead.

baptiste_moose
12-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Winterkilled. Dead.

x2

chop
12-04-2013, 06:55 PM
are there any other perch lakes worth going to ?

AppleJax
12-04-2013, 06:59 PM
It winterkills pretty much every year, but there's always perch in it....

Game Hunter
12-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Winterkills every year but I still end up fishing it lol. Hmm

HunterDave
12-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Winterkilled. Dead.

Did you fish there this summer?

Richmuiz
12-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Tons of perch still in the lake

Fritze
12-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Id assume the guys saying the lake has 'winterkilled' to keep the pressure off. could be wrong though. Only went out there once last winter. Family day weekend. 150+ vehicles on the ice and fish were plenty. Not necessarily the biggest where we were. But I highly doubt it has winterkilled.

Richmuiz
12-04-2013, 11:03 PM
:thinking-006:

pickrel pat
12-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Id assume the guys saying the lake has 'winterkilled' to keep the pressure off. could be wrong though. Only went out there once last winter. Family day weekend. 150+ vehicles on the ice and fish were plenty. Not necessarily the biggest where we were. But I highly doubt it has winterkilled.

Perhaps all the dead fish at the bottom of the lake around last ice passed away of old age. Probably a strong year class that year. Perch baby boomer generation.:)
No doubt alot of perch made it through though... They almost always do.

HunterDave
12-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Nakamun partially winter kills every year. It did have a severe winter kill back around 2005 (maybe a little later) but that was when the lake was extremely low and since then there's a lot more water in it. Perch are pretty resilient little buggers and they have bounced back since then. I haven't fished there since last winter but I'm willing to bet that there are plenty of perch in there. In fact, I plan on riding the sled out that way next week to do a bit of fishing. :)

GregT
12-05-2013, 06:34 AM
I spent some time there last weekend. Didn't catch a thing nor see any underneath. The water was pretty clear.

crazyperch
12-05-2013, 07:26 AM
A buddy at work has a cabin on the lake and he told me that it has winter killed. in the summer all that was seen being caught is the odd little hammer handle.

Safety D
12-05-2013, 10:16 AM
its DEAD

HunterDave
12-05-2013, 10:32 AM
I'll check it out next week. It's a nice ride on the sled from here so I can enjoy the scenery along the way. :)

CanadianBadass
12-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Don't worry man, Every AO member says winterkill when it comes to there favorite perch lakes, There is still plenty of fish in it !

CanadianBadass
12-05-2013, 02:43 PM

X2

Winterkill does not mean no fish, Good Point AJ

Graffy91
12-05-2013, 04:06 PM
X2

Winterkill does not mean no fish, Good Point AJ

If there is anything left, it's a couple hammer handles, a few 4" perch.

Heavy snowfall, shallow water makes for tough conditions. It would be a wonderful perch lake if it was airated.

In a couple of years it will be back, but as of right now iFishAlberta has no good news for it, neither does any other source.

Would love to get some keeper perch, but it's almost impossible in Edmonton area...

Richmuiz
12-05-2013, 04:18 PM
If there is anything left, it's a couple hammer handles, a few 4" perch.

Heavy snowfall, shallow water makes for tough conditions. It would be a wonderful perch lake if it was airated.

In a couple of years it will be back, but as of right now iFishAlberta has no good news for it, neither does any other source.

Would love to get some keeper perch, but it's almost impossible in Edmonton area...

So you are going off ifishalberta isn't that the same as this thread going off of what others say and if there is only a couple hammer handles left and a few perch then I think it's going to take more then a couple years lol

college-fisherman
12-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Last winter was great perch fishing! Also the jack population is increasing, I have caught quite a few hammer handles last summer and managed to pull a 90cm monster through the ice. I'm trying to find the pictures of it,, I will find them and post them later.

wildman
12-06-2013, 09:18 AM
let us know what u find HUNTERDAVE!!!!!
i've got a little guy that wants to get some perch over xmas and he's too small for long trips!!!

HunterDave
12-06-2013, 11:13 AM
let us know what u find HUNTERDAVE!!!!!
i've got a little guy that wants to get some perch over xmas and he's too small for long trips!!!

Oh yeah, I will. :)

Red Neck
12-06-2013, 11:26 AM
:thinking-006: Last winter was real hard on all the little lakes even the big ones. Nakamun will have some fish in it. Mayatan is a good option closeish to the grove ,but it to winter killed to some degree last year. Have not hear anyone chime in on Hassey or Spring lake all good option for kids of all ages, even the ones with grey hair:):)
Red Neck Out
:scared0018:

embury93
12-06-2013, 12:33 PM
X2 I live on a farm just off the lake was catching perch this summer, if anything kills it, its the 100 stupid pop up tents 5 feet from each other where everyone takes there limit and 1/2 them probably don't even eat what they take. This province is a complete joke when it comes to over fishing and private property around lakes.

AppleJax
12-06-2013, 02:17 PM
X2 I live on a farm just off the lake was catching perch this summer, if anything kills it, its the 100 stupid pop up tents 5 feet from each other where everyone takes there limit and 1/2 them probably don't even eat what they take. This province is a complete joke when it comes to over fishing and private property around lakes.

One of those tents was mine last year, I kep my limit and ate ALL of them.... Care to elaborate on the private property bit?

1bluZebec
12-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Ill be out there at least once this winter. I has been a few of my most memorable trips over the last few years on the ice. lots of family fun forsure. kinda like gull. great times:D

embury93
12-06-2013, 03:10 PM
One of those tents was mine last year, I kep my limit and ate ALL of them.... Care to elaborate on the private property bit?
Lol 5 feet from the next person with a bottle of jack daniels screaming out "I've got a fish, I've got a fish" and your dog probably running around with you having no clue where he is despite him at someone else's hole, right?

HunterDave
12-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Geeze AlbertaYoungGun, that's a fairly large lake and there are hardly any tents anywhere other than at the launch and across the lake at the camp. There are plenty of other places to go on the lake if you want to be by yourself. I'm usually off by myself when I go there and the spots that I fish are half decent as well.

Richmuiz
12-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Lol 5 feet from the next person with a bottle of jack daniels screaming out "I've got a fish, I've got a fish" and your dog probably running around with you having no clue where he is despite him at someone else's hole, right?

Hahahaha this is going to be interesting you still haven't exsplained the private property part. Sounds like the the person your referring too was having a good time fishing

HuyFishin
12-06-2013, 03:33 PM
I hope you're not referring to me :snapoutofit:

AppleJax
12-06-2013, 05:16 PM

So how about the private property part, where does that fit in?

baptiste_moose
12-06-2013, 05:25 PM
its DEAD

Man oh man did I miss fishing discussion!!

CanadianBadass
12-06-2013, 05:28 PM

X2 lol

chop
12-06-2013, 05:32 PM
wow all this just by asking how far a lake is? just want to catch my first perch ,that all .lol

HunterDave
12-08-2013, 12:51 PM
So, did anyone go to Nakamun this weekend? I'm thinking that I might take a short drive out there today to see how it's going.

coppercarbide
12-08-2013, 02:09 PM

Hahahaha, +1

coppercarbide
12-08-2013, 02:11 PM
wow all this just by asking how far a lake is? just want to catch my first perch ,that all .lol

Haha, in the fall we all hang out in the hunting forum and get bitched at that we shouldn't kill for meat, and the only ethical hunt is for antlers.

In the winter and summer, we hang out in fishing and get bitched at for keeping fish to eat, and the only ethical fishing is 100% C&R.

I'm beginning to suspect that many of the folks here are vegetarian? Haha.

AppleJax
12-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Haha, in the fall we all hang out in the hunting forum and get bitched at that we shouldn't kill for meat, and the only ethical hunt is for antlers.

In the winter and summer, we hang out in fishing and get bitched at for keeping fish to eat, and the only ethical fishing is 100% C&R.

I'm beginning to suspect that many of the folks here are vegetarian? Haha.

Lol, I only use vegetables for bait, using bait takes away from the foodchain. I also use tranquilizer darts for hunting, tofu sausage at the AppleJax household..

Gust
12-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Lol, I only use vegetables for bait, using bait takes away from the foodchain. I also use tranquilizer darts for hunting, tofu sausage at the AppleJax household..

We should have an online competition on who can make the best crank-bait with a carrot, or potato, or yam, or turnip.

Then have a meet n greet tourney where you can only use a vegetable as a bait or a lure.

Richmuiz
12-08-2013, 03:18 PM
We should have an online competition on who can make the best crank-bait with a carrot, or potato, or yam, or turnip.

Then have a meet n greet tourney where you can only use a vegetable as a bait or a lure.

As long as it has barbless hooks lol :scared0018:

HunterDave
12-08-2013, 04:51 PM
I took a drive out to Nakamun this afternoon but there was no one fishing to ask if they were catching anything. Snowmobiles have been riding on the lake and people had been fishing about 100 yds out from the boat launch.

HunterDave
12-17-2013, 12:01 AM
No one has tried Nakamun yet this year? I gotta find time to get some fishin' in!

1bluZebec
12-17-2013, 11:06 AM

Lmfao I think that's a good idea Gust. I would be up for that lol. I'm sure we would make news headlines nice someone caught a 20 pounder from a potato. Go vegan

CanadianBadass
12-17-2013, 11:35 AM

Tranq Darts ....... Best way to handle sturgeon.... right AJ ? lol lol lol