PDA

View Full Version : ice fishing tent

lilsundance
12-04-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm in the market for a new ice fishing tent. Anyone use the Kenai Clam? I like the idea of it folding over and having its own sleigh. If you have one what are the pros and cons of it.

baptiste_moose
12-04-2013, 06:34 PM
I have an eskimo quick flip 4 and it's the same design. Best style of tent on the market!!

mayuan
12-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Great little pull over, I upgraded from the frabill commando to this unit and have no issues recommending it. The built in tray is very convenient to have along with the two built in rod holders. Lots of room in the tent itself, I fish with my camera and sonar in the tent with no issues. The main disadvantage it the bench seat because of the lack of back support. I installed a nice boat seat in mine with a quick release swivel and eliminated that problem. Also, fitting a power auger in the sled can be a little bit of a pain in the *****.

the local angler
12-05-2013, 03:30 AM
i also have the clam nanook 2 man and also the frabill 1 man. both do the same thing and work well. i bought them in the spring when the prices were really cheap. the seats were the only thing i didn't like either as they are not very comfortable and heavy due to the frame work. so for me i just use a regular folding chair and is more comfortable and lighter. the frabill comes with a small folding chair that is nice and comfy. if you have a truck then this is fairly simple to handle but if you have a mid size sedan like i did i bought the one man frabill and it barely fits in the trunk.

tightlines83
12-05-2013, 09:01 AM
I had the clam trapper, the advantage to it was there's no mounted seat it just comes with a folding chair that I found comfortable and its a cheaper model because its not a fixed seat on rails or anything. Other than that the canvas was still high quality

Mike_W
12-05-2013, 09:21 AM
I always thought clam products were superior until I bought a clam command post years ago ....nothing too great nor superior.
I have a Eskimo Quick Flip which is ok I do like the flip design but IMO the best are Otters just from what I have read and seen on the internet.