PDA

View Full Version : Any CrAzIeS on the Bow?

Gust
12-04-2013, 09:53 PM
When I was a youngin, my Dad and I were hardcore fishers,,, he would get home from work at 4:00 as I was getting home from school and we'd get changed into our extreme weather outfits and head to the Bow for a few hours near Glenmore Trail when the old Burnco Bridge was there. Ice would be floating past and it was bitterly cold with freezing line n'all, but, the fishing was seriously good. He's too old for hopping along the shoreline now and I'm about the same, but, it's very tempting.

Anyone have any minus 20 days fighting-the-frigid-for-some-fish stories?

BeeGuy
12-04-2013, 10:43 PM
I find it too irritating to fight the freezing line, but I hit the Bow near my house on Sunday with my bro and pa and we landed 3 browns 18-20" in a short time.

I'll prob go out again during a chinook if the river nearby isn't iced over, but I can't stand thawing guides between casts.

Gust
12-04-2013, 11:43 PM
I find it too irritating to fight the freezing line, but I hit the Bow near my house on Sunday with my bro and pa and we landed 3 browns 18-20" in a short time.

I'll prob go out again during a chinook if the river nearby isn't iced over, but I can't stand thawing guides between casts.

I was just looking through piles of old pic's to show how good fishing is on these painfully cold days. There's one in particular of a stunning RMW. There was always this other fellow fly-fishing, crazy-crazy but he'd always do stellar great too.

When I find the pic's I'll upload them.