PDA

View Full Version : Above and Beyond

Fordman
12-05-2013, 08:57 PM
A lot of people don't have much good to say about oilfield co. Let me tell you about one company that we've had to deal with since Tues. at noon.
Their name is SURERUS PIPELINE INC.
My brother-in-law has recieved lifethreatening injuries in an industrial accident Tues am in Bonnyville. My wife phoned me and I was getting ready to go to Claresholm from Vegreville to pick up my mother-in-law and get her to the U of A hospital in Edmonton to be with her son.
By the time I got home to change and leave my wife had just got off the phone with a company rep who was on site when the accident happened. He had a cab going from Calgary to Claresholmn in a storm to pick her up and bring her back to the Calgary airport, where they had a plane on standby which brought her to Edmonton and he picked her up at the airport and brought her to the hospital.
He ended up staying with us at the hospital all nite and another company employee flew in from Ft. St. John and he was with us as well.
They got us hotel rooms and paid for all the meals for us. The rooms are open for as long as needed and they are paying the cab fare from the hotel to hospital as many times a day as needed. Also they will fly my m-i-l home so she can check on her plants or whatever and return her to edmonton.
It is very serious injury and his condition is hour by hour. If he does recover it will be at least 3 months before they can replace his skull plate and who knows what brain damage has occured.
Words cannot express the thanks to SURERUS for what they are doing to help us cope. thanks to John and Ken for all your help.
Some people might say they are covering their asses by doing this,BUT if I hear anyone say anything bad about them I can Hunt them down and put them out of their misery.
Just had to let people know there are some great companies out there.

Team Anzac
12-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Condolences to you and your family, hope your brother pulls through. Thoughts and prayers to your Mom. Words cannot describe what your family is going through. Glad that the company your brother works for has the families best intrests in mind.

stinkynuts
12-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Man that's a great story I hope everything works out for you and your family in the end

sureshot
12-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Prayers sent

just_dave
12-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Sending warm wishes.

lannie
12-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Sorry it happened but happy to hear they are standing with you.

gutline homestead
12-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Sounds like they got some real MEN running that outfit. don`t matter what the end result for color is. the fact is they are stepping in full on.They even know the lawyers will scold em, but they maybe will stand tall.Don`t matter they stepped up..They`ve set the bar.Big dose of positive KARMA,for those boy`s.

brownbomber
12-05-2013, 11:53 PM
Best wishes to your BIL hope he has a speedy recovery.

CheeseBurger
12-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Sorry to hear of what your family is going through but glad you are getting the support you deserve.

rocpilefsj
12-06-2013, 06:57 AM
They are a great company out of fort st john. I had a friend who worked there and was diagnosed with cancer, the company went above and beyond in helping him and his family both monetarily and support wise. Sadly he lost his battle but the support didn't stop for his family. Nothing but good things to say from me.

My prayers are with your family, take care!

Zip
12-06-2013, 08:07 AM
It is not to often that a company will step up to the plate in the degree that your Brother in laws company has..nice to see that they are helping out the entire family when you need it the most...Good luck and our thoughts and prayers are sent out from the peace country..

Fordman
12-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Thanks for all the wishes everybody.
His condition is still hour by hour but is hanging in there.

dumoulin
12-07-2013, 08:26 AM
That's some sad news. I hope for his full recovery. Keep positive...it will all pan out.

PernoninNoobs
12-12-2013, 07:49 AM
A lot of people don't have much good to say about oilfield co. Let me tell you about one company that we've had to deal with since Tues. at noon.
Their name is SURERUS PIPELINE INC.
My brother-in-law has recieved lifethreatening injuries in an industrial accident Tues am in Bonnyville. My wife phoned me and I was getting ready to go to Claresholm from Vegreville to pick up my mother-in-law and get her to the U of A hospital in Edmonton to be with her son.
By the time I got home to change and leave my wife had just got off the phone with a company rep who was on site when the accident happened. He had a cab going from Calgary to Claresholmn in a storm to pick her up and bring her back to the Calgary airport, where they had a plane on standby which brought her to Edmonton and he picked her up at the airport and brought her to the hospital.
He ended up staying with us at the hospital all nite and another company employee flew in from Ft. St. John and he was with us as well.
They got us hotel rooms and paid for all the meals for us. The rooms are open for as long as needed and they are paying the cab fare from the hotel to hospital as many times a day as needed. Also they will fly my m-i-l home so she can check on her plants or whatever and return her to edmonton.
It is very serious injury and his condition is hour by hour. If he does recover it will be at least 3 months before they can replace his skull plate and who knows what brain damage has occured.
Words cannot express the thanks to SURERUS for what they are doing to help us cope. thanks to John and Ken for all your help.
Some people might say they are covering their asses by doing this,BUT if I hear anyone say anything bad about them I can Hunt them down and put them out of their misery.
Just had to let people know there are some great companies out there.

I hope you realize if Surerus had the proper safety mechanisms in place this accident would not have happened. Surerus pipelines is a company that cuts corners on safety and environment to make an extra buck.
You realize they're paying for all this accomodation to get you on their side, because they know they have screwed up and they're trying to persuade you with nice gestures, i.e. flights, hotels, etc.
Most of their equipment is old, leaky, and should be deemed unsafe.

I'd rethink your status on this

FishingMOM
12-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Thanks for all the wishes everybody.
His condition is still hour by hour but is hanging in there.

any updates

58thecat
12-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Hope the outcome is great for your family, nice to hear the company is supporting you through this, the incident investigation will determine what had went wrong and finding the root cause so this hopefully will not happen in the future.