PDA

View Full Version : Upper K

MLayden
12-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Has anyone been out to upper k lately? How's the ice? Thanks!

Zeb
12-06-2013, 12:10 PM
It should be good now I go up their every year this time. Last time I was there I caught 5 bulls all over 10 pounds biggest about 15 and huge cuts biggest 6 pounds. There a hogs in there cant wait to hit it this year only problem is you need to know what your doing otherwise you will get skunked. But i guess after 30 years fishing there you learn a trick or two:)

BeeGuy
12-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Wow!

Got any pics?

Zeb
12-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Actually I think I do of the cuts but not the Bull trout I dont consider them that special really. I will see if I can dig up a picture of the cut troat I took next to a beer can.

goose
12-06-2013, 02:22 PM
I usually use a gold bead headed green wooly bugger any where from 25-50 feet of water for the few rainbows that are in the lake (they are my target fish). I seem to catch more bulls trying for the rainbows though. I found that a gold bead headed hares ear nymph fished by the boat launch along the rocky north shore to be very effective for the cutties.

Too bad the biologists ruined the rainbow fishery there it used to be the best fishery in the province for big rainbows. Its alot better to stock bull trout that you can't harvest. If I remember right I do help pay for the fish that are stocked in the lakes as a tax payer, too bad we have no say in our natural resource planning in the province!! As you can see I'm still not over this issue and I have phoned and wrote but to no avail.

:angry3:

cheers
Goose