PDA

View Full Version : Obed lake

Pierroy
12-09-2013, 04:30 PM
So I'm thinking about obed lake.perch and browns.has anyone been out there yet this winter.hows the ice? Any fish stories?i have ice fished there 4 or 5 times saw browns and perch.on the fish tv.
Still have not pulled anything out of that lake trough the ice.
Has the spill at the coal mine affected the water comming into obed?
Is there any interest in this lake during the winter?
It's a hard lake
Whooped my but many times
But I've seen
There in there:angry3:

rmillsfishing
12-09-2013, 10:51 PM
I would really like to ice fish that lake and ive never caught a brown if you go can you keep me posted. also the ones that you seen where they big ?? good luck

Pierroy
12-10-2013, 07:12 AM
hope to get out there soon.the browns are huge in that lake.
perch,there are some footballs for sure i found it better a few summers ago.
this summer a I mostly got small ones
but that's just me
I saw some nice ones other people got
both browns and perch
its 180 km drive so
its a gamble
:thinking-006:

Feddy
12-18-2013, 07:43 AM
Haven't heard of anyone going out there and no the spill has no effect on the lake. Drove by on the highway a few times and didn't see any tracks. Going there today to go check it out myself today and will let ya know how it goes

3blade
12-18-2013, 07:19 PM
"Didn't see any tracks...." Unfortunately there's a reason for that. The browns are still in there cause they're smart. The perch got poached severely this summer, some small ones left but its gonna be a few years. Wanna guess what kind of restaurant they ended up in? some guys camping out for days at a time, got caught 200-300 fish over limit. i think it was the same group that was famous at wab before the spill. F&w got em but the damage was done. Let us know Freddy, hope it recovers soon, should be lots of food in there for em.

Edit: I was there and heard about this in sept from f&w. fishing was likely better earlier in the year

Feddy
12-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Went out yesterday and first hole I drilled had perch all around. Had a brown come in but didn't take my hook. Most perch were small but there was some descent ones in there. Only had an hour and a half to set up and fish as I had to go to work. Ice was good and not to much snow on ice. Gunna try again in the morning as I am on days off again for the day and will give back an update

Pierroy
12-19-2013, 10:41 PM
Wow i never heard of the poaching.im glad they got caught.
That's a shame.thanks for the update.
I hope the perch recover for us honest folk.
Merry Xmas to all the ao

Feddy
12-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Yes I heard about that it was two summers ago now. Last summer perch were all over the channel caught some decent ones as I was trolling for browns. Lol. Went out today looking for browns but didn't see a thing. Was trying some deeper water. Oh well try again next time

Tipsy McStagger
12-30-2013, 01:57 PM
How thick was the ice?

smokerman
12-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Went out yesterday and first hole I drilled had perch all around. Had a brown come in but didn't take my hook. Most perch were small but there was some descent ones in there. Only had an hour and a half to set up and fish as I had to go to work. Ice was good and not to much snow on ice. Gunna try again in the morning as I am on days off again for the day and will give back an update

Have you fished this lake a lot, just wondering if it is worth my drive from sherwood park. I am semi retired and usually fish alone so don't cause much pressure on fish population. your reply would be much appreciated. Thank you Bob.

smokerman
12-30-2013, 03:08 PM

Freddy have you fished this lake a lot, just wondering if it is worth my drive from sherwood park. I am semi retired and usually fish alone so don't cause much pressure on fish population. your reply would be much appreciated. Thank you Bob.