PDA

View Full Version : Canada Post Loses a Rifle Again! **UPDATED** Post #41

CheeseBurger
12-10-2013, 07:40 PM
So bought a rifle off a fellow CGN'er. Rifle was expected to arrive Thursday Dec. 12. So I checked status today and rifle was delivered yesterday and signed for by J Thompson. Only problem is I don't know a J Thompson and my roommates didn't sign for it, pus I was home all day yesterday. No sign of it around the house as I have had two roommates check for the package outside the house(I'm out of town).

Phoned Calgary Police and they want to see what Canada Post can do before they initiate any thing. Only problem is that you can only initiate a Trace on a package as the sender not the receiver of a package through Canada Post. :argue2: Called Canada Post anyways and there is nothing they can do for me. So contacted the seller by email and hopefully he can get things moving....

Any advice from others that have dealt with this? I've never had a problem before.

Oh, and the seller has a good trader rating on CGN and as well has a reputable job on Vancouver Island as well is a fairly well known member of the target shooting community there as I did a google search on him.

teledogs
12-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Hopefully the seller/shipper insured the parcel.

OldBadger
12-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Canada Post employees and contractors often declare items delivered that have never left the depot. Sometimes they show up at your door within two or three days. this has been my personal experience over the years.

Alberta Bigbore
12-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Canada Post around xmas time is retarded. I recently have a package outgoing.. that came back as un deliverable even though I wrote the address right the first time. Not impressed.

oldgutpile
12-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Had a similiar incident over the last two weeks (only not with a rifle), and it turned out the shipper had the postal code wrong. They actually had the shipping adress and the billing adress combined to create a real cluster****! Couldn't figure it out until "final notice" came on the tracking website, and they gave out the location of the post office where the parcel was being held. I had printed off a copy of the post office tracking site and was able to get them to locate the parcel at a different branch. Dont give up hope on it yet!

260 Rem
12-10-2013, 08:16 PM
A BAT action destined for a buddy went missing between Calgary and Edm in the Canada Post system ---never to be recovered. Fortunately, insured for the proper amount. ***** happens.

ali#1
12-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the new rifle.

J Thompson

:scared0018:

Dfreeman
12-10-2013, 08:27 PM
I have had several packages delivered to the wrong house by Canada Post. They are so annoying to deal with. Had a Sitka jacket signed for by someone other than me. Called CP and one of their representatives told me that the reason I didn't get the package was because I didn't have the quadrant (SW), I said "what about the postal code"? She replied with, we look at the quadrant first. That is when I laughed and asked to speak to someone who knew something.

They need to start asking for I.D. before giving up the package. It would stop a lot of these frustrations.

HunterDave
12-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Not sure how J Thompson can sign for your parcel???? We have to show ID here in Morinville and they won't even give me a parcel for my wife or daughter.

CheeseBurger
12-10-2013, 08:32 PM

J Thompson

What ever you say Uncle Ali.... :)

CheeseBurger
12-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Not sure how J Thompson can sign for your parcel???? We have to show ID here in Morinville and they won't even give me a parcel for my wife or daughter.

Not a clue. If there is a signature required that should require checking ID....

Au revoir, Gopher
12-10-2013, 08:35 PM

Picking up at the post office is different from delivery to the door. When they deliver to the door whoever answers the door can sign for it. Of course they would never walk up to the wrong door.

ARG

hayseed
12-10-2013, 08:38 PM

J Thompson

LMAO!!!
Cant quit laughin on that one...

Ahem.... that sucks man... hopefully its delivered as promised!!

Au revoir, Gopher
12-10-2013, 08:43 PM
I would really like to find the person(s) at City Hall who thought it was clever naming all the streets the same in any given neighborhood. We have mail and packages delivered to the house with the same house number on the next street (and we get their mail from time to time). The streets have the same name, but they are a 'Rise' while we are a 'Way'. UPS has goofed this as well.

ARG

openfire
12-10-2013, 08:43 PM

J Thompson

HAHA
I got a package for someone with the same house number as me but one street over…

I dropped the box at their house of course but I was thinking "what if this got sent to someone who was not honest? or what if this was a gun??"

It was UPS though not Canada post…

alacringa
12-10-2013, 08:44 PM
The sad thing is, Canada Post is more reliable than any of the courier companie. There is no completely effective delivery system. :angry3:

Birdman12
12-10-2013, 08:46 PM
I bought a gun off a guy from Edmonton, and he shipped to me in saskatchewan. It came and Canada post did even require a signature. I checked the status of my delivery, and it showed delivered ... To my back deck and the gun had sat there for five or six hours. I was glad the weather was good.

sinawalli
12-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Sent MO to a fellow AO member for merchandise over a week ago. Edmonton to Calgary, he is still yet to receive it! Not impressed!

alacringa
12-10-2013, 08:47 PM
I would really like to find the person(s) at City Hall who thought it was clever naming all the streets the same in any given neighborhood.

ARG

That's awful when you're trying to find a person's house, that you haven't visited before. It's absolutely dumb to have 866 streets with the same name, in the same subdivision, but with street, drive, grove, way, rise, green, boulevard, close, etc.

Alberta Bigbore
12-10-2013, 08:54 PM
I bought a gun off a guy from Edmonton, and he shipped to me in saskatchewan. It came and Canada post did even require a signature. I checked the status of my delivery, and it showed delivered ... To my back deck and the gun had sat there for five or six hours. I was glad the weather was good.

I had a Pistol delivered that was supposed be signature required... the box was sitting on the front step when I got home. I was blistering mad!! lol

CheeseBurger
12-10-2013, 09:03 PM
What ever you say Uncle Ali.... :)

It was Ali that had the beef about people using terms like Uncle and Aunt when there was no relation right?

CheeseBurger
12-10-2013, 09:04 PM
I had a Pistol delivered that was supposed be signature required... the box was sitting on the front step when I got home. I was blistering mad!! lol

Yeah, that's awful....I had the roommates check so I doubt it's sitting out side...

leeaspell
12-10-2013, 09:04 PM
I've never been asked for id when getting a parcel that requires a signature, be it my parcel or a family/friends parcel. Hand them the little card, put some scribbles on the little screen and walk out with my parcel.

bigjohncdn
12-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Hope it turns up for you.

I've had interesting situations with CP deliveries. Signature required items on the doorstep like the poster above. Not being asked my name or anything before signing for something. Not having ID checked when picking up at the local post office after missing a home delivery.

This time of the year is the worst of all.

mayuan
12-10-2013, 09:07 PM
To bad the gun registry is gone, that would have solved this problem in a second!

LOL, just kidding.:)

ali#1
12-10-2013, 09:22 PM
It was Ali that had the beef about people using terms like Uncle and Aunt when there was no relation right?

Yes but you can call me daddy.

pseelk
12-10-2013, 09:23 PM
To bad the gun registry is gone, that would have solved this problem in a second!

Dont laugh,In an interview yesterday Trudeau said he is still commited to gun control.

1000yards
12-10-2013, 09:42 PM
I have started writing to be picked up only, ID required on important packages I send out,
Big letters, sharpie, multiple sides.
Always make sure it's ok with the seller first tho,
And Always get insurance!

TBD
12-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Sent MO to a fellow AO member for merchandise over a week ago. Edmonton to Calgary, he is still yet to receive it! Not impressed!

I'll send you a quick note when your mesa stock goes out ...

TBD

CheeseBurger
12-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Yes but you can call me daddy.

Watch your mouth boy.

CheeseBurger
12-10-2013, 09:48 PM
I've been in contact with the seller. He has contacted Canada Post and initiated a file with them for a item not delivered. Rifle is insured. Hopefully we hear more things tomorrow.

308Icon
12-10-2013, 09:54 PM
well i hope i don't have to go thourgh the same thing i have to send my rifle off to b.c to get fixed and im leerie about being i have a t/c icon which is being recalled.

CNP
12-10-2013, 11:40 PM

No one stole guns when their was a registry?

lol jk :)

Jack Hardin
12-11-2013, 03:37 AM
I'm heading into the PO in the morning as a parcel sent from Ontario is now travelling back and forth between Calgary and Red Deer. The tracking msg shows that it should have been delivered on 5 Dec. Following up on the tracking msg it shows that the parcel left Calgary on the 5th. It arrived in Red deer on the 5th. It was misdirected back to Calgary on the 6th. It was sent back to Red Deer on the 7th. It was misdirected back to Calgary on the 7th. It was sent back to Red Deer on the 9th. It was misdirected back to Calgary on the 10th.

Hopefully, Canada Post will get it right in the am.

FishingMOM
12-11-2013, 04:06 AM
Had a similiar incident over the last two weeks (only not with a rifle), and it turned out the shipper had the postal code wrong. They actually had the shipping adress and the billing adress combined to create a real cluster****! Couldn't figure it out until "final notice" came on the tracking website, and they gave out the location of the post office where the parcel was being held. I had printed off a copy of the post office tracking site and was able to get them to locate the parcel at a different branch. Dont give up hope on it yet!

I solved that problem ages ago.
when I have something critical I dont want them to screw up on, I use the ship to address also as the return address.
So this way they only have 1 address to use.
Its worked for me.

ACKLEY ABE
12-11-2013, 06:47 AM
Signature required.......Left a restricted, half in half out of my mail box. Good thing my wife was home and heard something.

Hounded Canada Post for a week ...where's my parcel?????? Finally I called and asked for the head honcho at St Albert and told him I had it and all he said was...."They're contractors, we don't have any control over them".

He couldn't give a crap....

coughunter
12-11-2013, 06:54 AM

Bought a Beretta Extrema 2 and purolator left it on the front step even though it was marked signature required, they left a $1600 shot gun on my front step, it was delivered about 10am and I did not get home until about 600pm they all have their issues.

Mike_W
12-11-2013, 07:17 AM
I have had some expensive things left on the front step but never a firearm.
Living in Stony Plain we have mail boxes and due to that the mail carriers are too lazy to actually deliver to the door step so you typically only get card in the box and have to go pick up. It's actually pretty annoying because I work from home 50% of the time but maybe it's a good thing to go pick up.

Usually if you have the paper slip you can walk in show it and unless there is something owing you can just walk out no ID needed. The only time I need ID is if I have forgotten the slip.

It does seem like a pretty messed up system and would like to see it changed to be ID required 100% of the time no exceptions.

That said I missed a package shipped purolator to me at work and when I went to pick it up it was addressed to me, my business name and my business address while of course my ID had my home address so this created a big issue took about five minutes and a business card to get the manager to give it to me.

Hope you can track down the rifle!!

deerhunter
12-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Had a firearm shipped from Cabellas Winnipeg on Dec5 rec'd on Dec 9
Hope u find it . Good luck!

:sHa_shakeshout:

bat119
12-11-2013, 09:53 AM
I had a pistol dropped off sticking out of my mailbox the contractor scribbled a signature I phoned everyone including the PM office 3 months later they sent a letter of apology and a rollof stamps.

CheeseBurger
01-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Never updated this thread but about three weeks later I found the rifle still packaged up on my porch. No knock or explanation or anything.

Well they've managed to do it again. Bought a shotgun and it too says it was delivered! Gah! :argue2: :angry3:

I've got steam coming out of my ears now...