PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ice fish swan lake west of Phillis lake ?

luongo01
12-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Just looking for some info on swan lake. I've never fished it so just wondering what species are in there and what the ice conditions are like in the winter. Any info would be much appreciated!!

skain11
12-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Use to troll there in the summer with limited success using flatfish lures. The old/still? Alberta record brown trout was caught at Swan through the ice many years ago. Great story if you can find it on the www somewhere...

foothills800
12-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Just looking for some info on swan lake. I've never fished it so just wondering what species are in there and what the ice conditions are like in the winter. Any info would be much appreciated!!

Very slow fishing in this lake, and I think its spring fed on the east and west end, we were out around this time last year, way less snow and was a good 15 inches of ice in middle of lake didn't even have a bit and punched about 30 holes. good luck if you make it out
Lakers are in there if you can find them, as well as other trout.

Red Bullets
12-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Swan has lakers, browns, northern pike. maybe bull trout and brookies from tributaries.

Not sure on the ice conditions but a few big browns (10 lb.+)have been taken thru the ice thru the years.

tight line
12-12-2013, 09:23 PM
check for the closure dates before you head out there, cant remember of the top of my head...

Liarsenic
12-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Closes jan.15, bait ban