PDA

View Full Version : no ice fishing ??????

outdoorsygal
12-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Is there anybody out there that knows anything about no ice fishing at scenic sands on buffalo lake. We were told tonight that the entrance is now closed with a gate across to prevent access. Was going to put my shack out there tomorrow...!!!!

Hunter Trav
12-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Really?? Why were they restricting access did they say??

outdoorsygal
12-13-2013, 07:50 PM
We were told it was from all the garbage .!!! Didn't know anyone could close access like that....we ice fished last weekend...no gates then

moosehead7
12-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Well fml wow we have our shack loaded up on the trailer too

CeeZee
12-14-2013, 07:51 AM
I am betting just another case of someone who owns land by the lake think they own the lake and the fishing rights close to their access point! If its a legal road allowance I cannot see it being legal to have a locked gate.

hillbillyreefer
12-14-2013, 08:28 AM
I am betting just another case of someone who owns land by the lake think they own the lake and the fishing rights close to their access point! If its a legal road allowance I cannot see it being legal to have a locked gate.

Awesome! Landowners are now being bashed on the fishing side of the board too.

The OP doesn't even know for sure the access is gated, there were no gates last weekend according to a later poster. Yup, must be another landowner being a dick. How dark is it where your head is?

If you look on google earth the access is a high grade gravel road built right to the lake by the county. Complete with parking area.

Lefty-Canuck
12-14-2013, 08:40 AM
The lake access is likely someone's property...they may have been fed up with people leaving their stuff around who knows...why don't you find out whose land the access point is on and ask them politely for access? be surprised they might even thank you for asking and open the gate.

LC

TROLLER
12-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Very unlikely that lake access is some ones property.

Only the county can close one of their roads, not some farmer.

Same thing happened years ago in the forest reserve west of Cremona, rancher actually dug a pit across the road leading into the reserve, he was mad because he was sure the hunters traveling that road to the reserve were going to shoot one of his livestock.

Needles to say the authorities not only re-opened the road but he had to pay for the repair.

Even tho some may think they own the access they don't, no one can own the road the taxpayers put up.

No talking to the landowners, talk to the county or F&W, it should be fixed shortly.

italk2u
12-14-2013, 11:39 AM
The OP says she was told the entrance was closed. has anyone actually confirmed this yet?
She also says She was told it was because of people leaving garbage.
Someone needs to confirm this before this thread continues

moosehead7
12-14-2013, 11:49 AM
I heard it's also closed by alot of people

fishermansfriend
12-14-2013, 12:28 PM
go to rochon sands its wide open even with a nice cleared path on the bay.

CeeZee
12-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Awesome! Landowners are now being bashed on the fishing side of the board too.

The OP doesn't even know for sure the access is gated, there were no gates last weekend according to a later poster. Yup, must be another landowner being a dick. How dark is it where your head is?

If you look on google earth the access is a high grade gravel road built right to the lake by the county. Complete with parking area.
Pretty good around here, thanks for asking, and I don't own any land, This does happen if your not aware, land owners do close off access even if they have no legal right to. As someone else said, someone is sick of someone else's sheet. And yes I did read correctly that "she was told", sorry if she takes the word of who she was told by seriously enough to ask on here about it. Down boy, down......................

all canadian
12-14-2013, 01:53 PM
I owned a cabin in Scenic sands and the community closed it with fears of future development in the area needed access to the lake. They were able to convince fisheries and oceans of an extinct frog or snail can't remember in the area hence the fence. My place was on the drive the biggest problem was the traffic guys would come screaming down the road without any consideration for the people and kids that lived there.

moosehead7
12-14-2013, 01:54 PM
There's the sign its down now though but someone pulled the posts out and threw them in a pile

all canadian
12-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Numerous things like moose head showed that would happen. It always takes a few bad eggs to spoil it for everyone else.

jrb
12-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Just called a neighbour who fishes there lots, he said the posts & chain was put up by the county to keep people from trying to launch boats there. He was there a few weeks ago & said county guys pulled posts & moved to the side. He was there yesterday & it's still open, grader even plowed snow off the trail right to shore.

moosehead7
12-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Well we fished there last weekend and it wasn't closed and we had a pile of a snow and a pile of snow fell and these signs are fresh there's brand new signs everywhere like no parking signs and they are government of alberta signs!!

outdoorsygal
12-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Hey...CeeZee...I was told by a few people in regards to the closing...And ....isn't that what this forum is for?...I see nothing wrong with making an inquiry!!!!!

CeeZee
12-15-2013, 07:19 AM
Yep that is what its for, I only had the issue with reefer jumping down my back about, my assumption about the closure.

el sparko
12-15-2013, 08:09 AM
The OP says she was told the entrance was closed. has anyone actually confirmed this yet?
She also says She was told it was because of people leaving garbage.
Someone needs to confirm this before this thread continues

someone call MATLOCK!!!

moosehead7
12-15-2013, 08:54 AM
I owned a cabin in Scenic sands and the community closed it with fears of future development in the area needed access to the lake. They were able to convince fisheries and oceans of an extinct frog or snail can't remember in the area hence the fence. My place was on the drive the biggest problem was the traffic guys would come screaming down the road without any consideration for the people and kids that lived there.

Well then don't hide behind the frog and snails come out and say that it's the traffic, number 1 keep your kids off the road and there aren't to many frogs in the winter,and there's nothing worse then launching the big fancy speed boats what about the frogs and snails!!??

all canadian
12-15-2013, 09:59 AM
They didn't hid behind it. Like I said it may have started with traffic and guys racing home because they told their wife's they would be home at noon but the bite didn't start till sunset.
When you call fisheries and ocean you can't make something up there really is a snail or frog out there I just don't remember what it was I had sold before they found it.
Moose head a feel your frustration dude who wants a cabin without lake access.
Call the county and fight back.