PDA

View Full Version : Chestermere lake

K born
12-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Where are good spots Togo on chestermere for perch, pike, ect (anything else that swims in there!)? Any tips would be great going to take son out there tomorrow, or at least try! Thanks in advance.

slough shark
12-14-2013, 06:39 PM
SE side of the lake has always been best for me, go for pike, not too much else in that lake.

K born
12-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Great thanks. Hopefully I'll have a few pics for this site tomorrow

K born
12-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Well made out this morning and with in 10 mins of cutting holes and dropping lines my son (who is 6!) lands the first fish of the day, a small pike, just a bit bigger than a hammer handle but not much!!! Then about 5 mins later he lands another one!!!! This one was larger about 5lbs, and was also the last one of the day for us! We were on the se side about 150-200 yards off shore about 5-7 fow. My son had a blast and boasted how he was a better fisherman than me! (kids!). Even though I got skunked I had more fun seeing him just about loose his mind when the first slough shark hit the ice!!! Reminds me why I love taking him hunting and fishing with me when I can! Would have picks but can't for some reason get them loaded. I'll keep trying a picture is worth a 1000 words!:)

Tigger72
12-15-2013, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE=K born;2240742] My son had a blast and boasted how he was a better fisherman than me! (kids!).

Nothing is better then having your kids out fish you My 4 y/o still reminds me that he caught two pike and I caught only weeds!!!
Nothing but good memories!!!! Good Job Dad!!

slough shark
12-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Right on:sHa_shakeshout: good to hear you guys caught a couple and a good sized one for that lake at that!

wookie
12-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Well made out this morning and with in 10 mins of cutting holes and dropping lines my son (who is 6!) lands the first fish of the day, a small pike, just a bit bigger than a hammer handle but not much!!! Then about 5 mins later he lands another one!!!! This one was larger about 5lbs, and was also the last one of the day for us! We were on the se side about 150-200 yards off shore about 5-7 fow. My son had a blast and boasted how he was a better fisherman than me! (kids!). Even though I got skunked I had more fun seeing him just about loose his mind when the first slough shark hit the ice!!! Reminds me why I love taking him hunting and fishing with me when I can! Would have picks but can't for some reason get them loaded. I'll keep trying a picture is worth a 1000 words!:)

K born. I was out there on Sunday morning. You're son's enthusiasm was awesome! Good to see! The fishing on Sunday was very sub par. I saw alot on camera but the just weren't biting. I did manage to pull up one at about 11:30. Good luck on the next trip out.

dodger
12-17-2013, 06:04 PM
These are the threads that make my day!!

Dodger.