PDA

View Full Version : Gull lake report

Tyangelo
12-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Hit "Spot X" on Gull today at dawn. Limited out on whites in 45 mins, and packed er up. (Cocky, ain't it...?:scared0018:)

Ice is 10" on most of the south side of the lake, about 6-7" of good black ice. A few guys were looking to drive on, even after they asked me how thick the ice was. Told em its not safe to drive on yet in my opinion, to which they replied that they drove all over the lake last year. I decided to let nature take its course' and continued on my way.

Only about 6" of snow on the ice where I was, but the access routes in the area are pretty gnarly. Lifted trucks with real tires (none of that 22" rim street tire junk) or sleds are likely the only ones that would access the lakefront with ease.

A note, especially for newcomers:

NEVER assume how thick the ice is by what other people say. Be 1000% sure that the ice is safe by checking it yourself upon your arrival. Stay safe and have fun!

fish gunner
12-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Well done ,the old ramcharger done better than the new Yukon lol the toy got dragged out by a denali at dark . My little jimmy had no issues :sHa_shakeshout: a few perch were spoted all small a hammer handle was landed didn't even see a white. Congrats on the limits.

the local angler
12-14-2013, 07:34 PM
spot x and lake x are like area 51 its a myth. lol well done on the whites man. how was the water clarity?

latenite
12-14-2013, 07:39 PM
i was at Brownlows today, everyone was driving on. at least 12" of ice. action was a little slow.

yoteblaster
12-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Was out at Brownlows as well. Lost 4 pike somehow in a ten minute span!!!! 12 inches of ice,lots of vehicles on the ice

Tdog_2005
12-14-2013, 08:51 PM
I went out this morning to the north end and there was lots of flood water, so is the south end good by brownlows or there flood water too?

Alberta Bigbore
12-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Congrats on the white!

338Bluff
12-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Hit "Spot X" on Gull today at dawn. Limited out on whites in 45 mins, and packed er up. (Cocky, ain't it...?:scared0018:)

Ice is 10" on most of the south side of the lake, about 6-7" of good black ice. A few guys were looking to drive on, even after they asked me how thick the ice was. Told em its not safe to drive on yet in my opinion, to which they replied that they drove all over the lake last year. I decided to let nature take its course' and continued on my way.

Only about 6" of snow on the ice where I was, but the access routes in the area are pretty gnarly. Lifted trucks with real tires (none of that 22" rim street tire junk) or sleds are likely the only ones that would access the lakefront with ease.

A note, especially for newcomers:

NEVER assume how thick the ice is by what other people say. Be 1000% sure that the ice is safe by checking it yourself upon your arrival. Stay safe and have fun!

Might want to blur the background. I have been fishing in spot X for about 20 years. Just saying........ LOL!

Thanks for the report.

Hunter Trav
12-14-2013, 10:13 PM
I knew I should've hoofed it in there...oh well, next time...:cool:

Tyangelo
12-14-2013, 10:18 PM
The ones fishing there for 20 years deserve to fish there. See you out there!

latenite
12-15-2013, 10:20 AM
I went out this morning to the north end and there was lots of flood water, so is the south end good by brownlows or there flood water too?

no floodwater. the approach is/ was a little soft when i left yesterday, from warming temps and lots of traffic. I was told when the plow did the road, he just dumped the snow at the approach. it will be a mess for a while until it gets packed down. if someone has a blade on their truck and wanted to clear it, he would have alot of peoples gratitude, lol.:happy0034::happy0034: