PDA

View Full Version : Burnstick Lake

figmentam
12-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Well decided to head down to burnstick today with a buddy and try my luck at some perch. went to the subdivision and tryed the boat launch. bad idea. got stuck and took about 25mins to dig out. finally got down to the ice punched 4 holes. sat 4 differnt rods between 20-25 feet. and not one bite the whole time i was out there. left when the fog started getting to bad. but thinking about trying again tomorrow.

fishermansfriend
12-16-2013, 06:11 PM
drive burnstick till you see a large rock on the left then drive down till you find lake its a nice spot and about 70m of shore youll find 25 feet and perch.. dont bother tryin to drive on

figmentam
12-16-2013, 06:24 PM
i dont think that i have ever seen a spot like that. at least no large rock comes to mind.

figmentam
12-16-2013, 06:26 PM
If anyone is heading out to burntstick tomorrow and would like to show some newbies the ropes on how to catch perch. the help would be greatly appreciated.

fishermansfriend
12-16-2013, 06:46 PM
drive west of caroline till you hit burnstick road head down the road passed the lake with in 10 min or so there will be a large bolder on the right hand side just beside your turn off.

if you look on google maps its another campground that has access to the lake.

Type these coordinates in 51.970817,-114.870571 on google maps it will be pointed at the turn on burnstick lake road.

i was getting them on pieces of minnow cut small onto wire worms maggots work well also.. i was in about 25 fow.

fish gunner
12-16-2013, 07:44 PM
That kind of info my be best dealt with via PM (just for you gust ). That acces I through a private resort , access tolerated at this time due to the low traffic volume . One can hope it stays thus way .oh 4x4 only to get to lake level . 2wd may not want to try the last hill. :)

fishermansfriend
12-16-2013, 08:36 PM
That kind of info my be best dealt with via PM (just for you gust ). That acces I through a private resort , access tolerated at this time due to the low traffic volume . One can hope it stays thus way .oh 4x4 only to get to lake level . 2wd may not want to try the last hill. :)

agree as its a fairly slippery slow.. as for them closing the access.. id just find another way to get out... i always do.

fish gunner
12-16-2013, 09:04 PM
agree as its a fairly slippery slow.. as for them closing the access.. id just find another way to get out... i always do.

So the access ive used for ten years with out an issue because its treated with respect is a mere convenience for you . See the problem .

RyanS
12-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Hey guys how much ice is there, is there any water on top of the ice. Bin thinking of coming out this weekend.

fish gunner
12-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Have not been out there this yr . Walk on for a while yet . Check as you go. Good luck .

figmentam
12-16-2013, 10:49 PM
i was out by the subdivision about 50yrds out and ice was a good 14" thick.

fishermansfriend
12-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Wow, a little sensitive are we.. i do take good care and always clean up after myself.

I do however help others when they ask!