PDA

View Full Version : Calling Lake

vancouvercanuck
02-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Heading up from Calgary for the Family Day Long Weekend. Just wanted to know how the driving is up there? Don't need spots to fish (have them on the GPS from the summer), just hoping that getting onto the ice is no issue with the 4X4.

Thanks in advance,

VC

Ryanlookingforperch
02-14-2007, 02:48 AM
Getting on the lake is no problem for a 4X4.

Went today, limited on perch...no luck on the walleye or Pike...GD!

Good luck

Ryan

Drewski Canuck
02-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Ryan,

Were the perch any size? By the way, you may want to try south of Volkswagen point about 1.5 miles, for whites. I caught one about 4 pds, and saw a fellow with an honest 6 pd white. Both caught targeting perch in 30 feet of water.

Drewski

Ryanlookingforperch
02-14-2007, 09:07 PM
The perch were all average size with a few pushing towards 1lb. Nothing huge, but enough to take my limit home.

Where is the VW point?

we used bare jig heads green, white bodies, minnows, sardines, worms, no luck on the tip ups or jigging for eyes, the two last times out.

First time out I caught two eyes while jigging for perch.

Drewski Canuck
02-15-2007, 05:13 PM
VW Point is straight across the lake from Poplar Street entrance. You will have to follow the track along the shore, and this is the most prominent point on the west shore, about 1/2 way up the west side. It is just short of the boundary to the no fishing area.

Hope this helps you.

Drewski

Ryanlookingforperch
02-15-2007, 08:19 PM
right on, thanks I'll be trying this sat or monday whichever I decide to head up there.

Good luck

Ryan