PDA

View Full Version : Nils hand auger, replacement blades/sharpening

Sedativ3
12-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Does anyone know how or who can sharpen these auger blades? Mine is a little too dull after last season and I would prefer to just get it sharpened as there is no real damage to it. Replacement blades ive found are selling for 70 bucks, and i bought the whole dame thing for 99. If anyone could help that would be appreciated, i am in canmore

kevinhits
12-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Does anyone know how or who can sharpen these auger blades? Mine is a little too dull after last season and I would prefer to just get it sharpened as there is no real damage to it. Replacement blades ive found are selling for 70 bucks, and i bought the whole dame thing for 99. If anyone could help that would be appreciated, i am in canmore

I asked last winter and I got info on western saw in NE calgary. I have 2 sets of blades to use through the winter. If I use both, I take them there after ice season so they are ready to go for the next year. They charged me I believe 8 bucks and even sharpened my end blade on my auger for free. They were great to deal with...I would not have to sharpen them every year but I love very sharp blades and for 8 bucks, it is worth it to me

dekker59
12-19-2013, 10:02 PM
I use Carbide Saw Service Calgary in bowness, usually charges around $9 or so, always easy to deal with and blades come back razor sharp (scar to prove it :rolleye2:) Usually has em done in 1-3 days.

Isopod
12-20-2013, 02:41 AM
If you can get your blades sharpened for $8 or $9, do it!. You can buy some simple sharpeners to do it yourself for less than that, but you have to know how to sharpen properly. If you don't want to learn to do it yourself, $8 or $9 a year is a very inexpensive solution!

lfv2004
03-12-2019, 09:43 PM
I found this site a few days ago. I haven't used it by myself, just a bit of info http://www.thehandofgord.ca/ice-auger-sharpening/mail-order