PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Derby 2014/2015 - Input NEEDED

Serengeti Charters
12-21-2013, 03:55 AM
Hey guys,

We are thinking of having a fishing derby possibly this summer but more likely next, where winner gets a free trip for the derby the following year. Largest salmon would be winner most likely then prizes for guests who don't finish in first. Was hoping to make it an all AO event, but could go otherwise.

Just hoping for your guys input on it. We could do 3 or 4 per boat, so that would be 9 or 12 for the derby...so pretty good chances for victory...what should we do? And who may be interested. Would probably have it end of June or end of July...both great times for Chinook.

Just looking for input as when we do it we want to make sure it is done well, and it garners interest for the following year. More input we get, the better :) Thanks guys, much appreciated, and Merry Christmas

David

Mike_W
12-21-2013, 07:43 AM
Hey guys,

We are thinking of having a fishing derby possibly this summer but more likely next, where winner gets a free trip for the derby the following year. Largest salmon would be winner most likely then prizes for guests who don't finish in first. Was hoping to make it an all AO event, but could go otherwise.

Just hoping for your guys input on it. We could do 3 or 4 per boat, so that would be 9 or 12 for the derby...so pretty good chances for victory...what should we do? And who may be interested. Would probably have it end of June or end of July...both great times for Chinook.

Just looking for input as when we do it we want to make sure it is done well, and it garners interest for the following year. More input we get, the better :) Thanks guys, much appreciated, and Merry Christmas

David

Hey David sounds like fun just to be clear this is a tournament for Serengeti clients only right.

Serengeti Charters
12-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Hey mike. Yeah it'd be a guest derby. We have one already but it's a lil less formal as a family comes up and it's in memory of one of our best friends, a member of their family, who passed last year.

This I was hoping to name in regards to the forum. First Annual Alberta Outsoorsmen Serengeti derby or something like that. Depends on if we have all AO turnout for the first year I think.

Would love to incorporate halibut into the derby too. Largest C+R halibut (even if regs change and are allowed to keep monsters) would have a prize as well, assuming most would want largest salmon though as #1 prize???

Serengeti Charters
12-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Thanks for all the PM's. I've been crazy busy this holiday season, between insane mall line ups and family get togethers. Will get back to you guys asap :) Any input is always welcome from others as well :) Timing can be changed as well.

Serengeti Charters
06-26-2014, 09:47 PM
Looks like this could be a go. After looking at dates and combining timing for crazy numbers of chinook as well as good avg size and tyees around thinking of July 8-11 or around that time. Tides on 10-11 are awesome for Hali's too

Serengeti Charters
06-26-2014, 09:56 PM
Of 2015 I forgot to add ;)