PDA

View Full Version : Gull lake?

kinwahkly
12-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Any updated on ice or snow conditions at Gull lake, was planning to head out to West lake rd on the new side if Giull tommorow ?

chain2
12-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Was out friday. Brownlows vehicles driving on fine. No trucks tracks venturing out on wilsons or raymonds shore when I looked....hth chain

harrydude
12-21-2013, 07:34 PM
How this is ice how much flood water?

Thanks

Dhans
12-21-2013, 11:41 PM
How this is ice how much flood water?

Thanks

No flood water what so ever, fishing slow, 8-12 inches of clear good ice.

fishermansfriend
12-21-2013, 11:47 PM
tons of trucks on the ice last time i went, we drove a 1 ton diesel on no problem.

fishing sucked haha

D.Archer
12-23-2013, 10:05 PM
I would't be too quick to drive on the ice just yet. Even though I did see some driving on the lake. I walked out today and drilled a lot of holes checking ice conditions. The picture shows almost 15 inches of ice but only 3 inches of clear hard ice. I couldn't believe it when my ice scoop shoved in so easy at just over 8 inch mark. If you calculate the effective thickness. Total clear + 1/2 total white = total effective. That works out to 5 1/2 inches of ice. I didn't add the ice that was above the scoop. This was about 200 yards from the shore.

Game Hunter
12-23-2013, 11:57 PM
I would't be too quick to drive on the ice just yet. Even though I did see some driving on the lake. I walked out today and drilled a lot of holes checking ice conditions. The picture shows almost 15 inches of ice but only 3 inches of clear hard ice. I couldn't believe it when my ice scoop shoved in so easy at just over 8 inch mark. If you calculate the effective thickness. Total clear + 1/2 total white = total effective. That works out to 5 1/2 inches of ice. I didn't add the ice that was above the scoop. This was about 200 yards from the shore.

Where on the west side?
We were at brownlows today and there was atleast 8 inches of black/ 4-5 of white ice.
Maybe you were further north. That pic would now make me Leary, driving on the lake..

1bluZebec
12-24-2013, 10:14 AM
people have been lucky and hope nobody goes thru now it would make for a pretty crappy christmas. Just walk on for now. fish arent too far away anyway.

Marlin07
12-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Where on the west side?
We were at brownlows today and there was atleast 8 inches of black/ 4-5 of white ice.
Maybe you were further north. That pic would now make me Leary, driving on the lake..

Don't get to excited and start driving out yet. My old man went through part way with his sled. Was able to pin it and get out but wouldn't have been so lucky if in a truck. Said the ice went from 10" to 3" over a stretch of about 20 yards. He was about 100 yards off shore out from West lake road.

D.Archer
12-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Where on the west side?

The spot I was at is about a mile south of Parkland beach. I seen where someone drove towards that spot and they turned around. They were breaking through that first layer of ice.

EDMfishing
12-24-2013, 11:19 PM
looks like the floodwater starting to freeze up.. was walking on island lake one time, in conditions liek that, drilling as i went and 6-8 inches blackice and 3-4 white ontop everywhere i was fishing and decided to move over a bit and then ice went crack while i was moving about 10ft from where i was fishing, foot dropped about 3-4 inches, had a mild heart attack and went back to a previous hole:scared0015: recieving a ribbing from my fishing partner who saw my face when it happened lol.. good day on the ice tho lotsa action :sHa_shakeshout: