PDA

View Full Version : snow on pcr

wildcat111
12-21-2013, 09:40 PM
hello just wondering if there is any snow on pine coulee res, heading there in the morning, just packing everything, thanks

waterninja
12-21-2013, 09:51 PM
what a different world you guys down south live in. up here it's not if theres snow but how many feet of snow and how deep the floodwater.
i tried to google earth pcr but must be spelling it wrong. must be right on the US border though i'm sure they get snow in montana.
anyhoo, good luck fishing and post some pics.

Jims71duster
12-21-2013, 09:52 PM
what a different world you guys down south live in. up here it's not if theres snow but how many feet of snow and how deep the floodwater.
i tried to google earth pcr but must be spelling it wrong. must be right on the US border though i'm sure they get snow in montana.
anyhoo, good luck fishing and post some pics.

Pine coulee reservoir

Flieguy
12-21-2013, 11:01 PM
I was there a while ago, and it has snowed since then, but there was no snow on the ice at that point.

Usually windy enough in that area that any snow blows off, leaving only a little crusty layer. I've never seen it deeper than a foot on most of the lake.

wildcat111
12-22-2013, 06:18 AM
thanks, i well bring extra gear for the kids just incase theres no snow, perhaps get some skating in.

Flieguy
12-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Bring skates and s toboggan, cover all the bases :)

Also, I've brought a coleman stove or camp bbq before. Hot dogs taste pretty darn good out on the ice.

fishermansfriend
12-22-2013, 11:45 AM
its no where near the boarder its about an hour south of calgary, when you hit stavely (sp)? turn right drive till you cross a bridge thats pcr

waterninja
12-22-2013, 12:49 PM
yeh, got it now. had to google stavely. hard to believe that it has little or no snow. have fun out there.

Flieguy
12-22-2013, 12:51 PM
yeh, got it now. had to google stavely. hard to believe that it has little or no snow. have fun out there.

It gets snow, but it also gets frequent chinooks which can eat away a foot of snow in a day. It's usually just plain windy at night as well, so any new snow that's soft and powdery will usually get blown off the lake anyway.

wildcat111
12-22-2013, 09:53 PM
went out today caught in total 21 walleye, sorry no pics forgot the camera by the front door, a fair bit of snow on the ice, we were by the park entrance, ice was 14 inches thick.

fishermansfriend
12-22-2013, 09:59 PM
I got to fish it at night last winter and it was windy as well but you could shoot a hockey puck as far as it could slide... it was like a sheet of glass.. full moon and non stop action all night!