PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing stuff

billycap
12-22-2013, 03:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTCQ2IA_Zss

Anyone seen the documentary called salmon confidential? Thinking im going to do some closer examinations of dead salmon i see this next season. The department of wild salmon seems to be a stand up for science outfit. I dont usually donate to wildlife groups but am considering it under these circumstances.

If this is indeed true it scares the hell out of me.

pikergolf
12-22-2013, 04:06 PM
I have watched it and if true and there is no reason to believe it is not, it is a sad commentary on our government. We value industry over all else, no other reason for giving the go ahead to lots of methods and products in the agri field. We keep repeating our mistakes and brush criticism aside. Sad state the world is in, welcome to the new age.

dopemop
12-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Wow now that is a Giant Pile of Manure.

wildman
12-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Really stupid and sucky but NOT surprising....none of u ever see the oil sands or what????

e40water12
12-22-2013, 07:08 PM
I believe this is true. Fish farms do produce a lot of viruses. It makes sense. Just like humans with flu virus.

latenite
12-22-2013, 10:23 PM
wow, we will not be buying farm raised salmon ever again. this is a disgrace.

all canadian
12-22-2013, 11:02 PM
This is very sad. I'll never eat salmon again unless it's something I've caught and can look at it.
Scary!

Isopod
12-22-2013, 11:50 PM
Nice slick video put out by the anti-fish-farming folks. Big pile of crap IMO.

AppleJax
12-23-2013, 06:23 AM
Nice slick video put out by the anti-fish-farming folks. Big pile of crap IMO.

What is it that is a pile of crap? The evidence is all there, obvious protectionism happening here. Do you fish for wild salmon, have you seen the fish that come from a fish farm? These farms should have been stopped decades ago...:snapoutofit:

all canadian
12-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Why can't the fish farms go to areas that wild salmon don't frequent. Seems simple to me. Why does the government need to pass a bill 37? Regardless if its true or not fish are dying before they spawn. Something is wrong.

buckman
12-23-2013, 07:07 AM
The fish farms should be relocated into open water.This may solve some of the problem.They are certainly not going to be shut down.Politics will allow their continuance.... unfortunately.

On a related mater I believe it was game farming that cased the upsurge of CWD in our ungulate populations also.

AppleJax
12-23-2013, 07:37 AM
I'm all for sustainable fish farming, like others have stated they need to be relocated. Correct me if I'm wrong but they choose the inside passages as they are relatively sheltered from the open Pacific, storms, winds etc.