PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Edmonton and need guidance

Northern Hunting Mom
02-13-2007, 04:00 PM
I love fishing, all types and sorts. I am asking for any pointers on where to fish. I'm not asking for GPS co-ordinates or anything.

I've mainly fished spinning tackle for grayling with a smattering of fly fishing. I would love to increase my fly fishing (and any ideas on rainbow tackle and/or crash courses to take and where) both swift and still water. My kids are into spinning tackle more, they need the success to keep the optimism.

I don't have a boat/canoe as of yet but i hope to be able to afford one within the year. I am interested in those personal flotation/wader combos though and hope to get one by Mid-May for when the ice goes out.

I'm not so much into going for giant lakers or pike but more into fun and keeping a few for lunch. Again, I usually take my kids with me, my oldest is well versed in fishing with spinning tackle and trolling for lakers. Littlee bugger has consistently bigger fish than me for 2 yrs now and she's only 10!!! She has a Grandpa who owns a fish charter business on Atlin Lake.

I do especially like ice fishing (crazy I know) for pike and whitefish. I've never had the chance to go for perch and I am ecstatic about the chance for walleye, summer or winter.

Us northern chicks love our outdoors. I hope to hunt/fish about anything I can. And make sure my kids love doing the same.

whitetrail
02-14-2007, 02:19 AM
pigeon lake or gull lake are both good for whites.

bigbore
02-14-2007, 06:50 AM
NSR is a great place to take kids for a multi species day when the ice is gone. late summer is my favorite time of year for bigger walleyes. fall can give you a better chance of catching something prehistoric.

Dewie
02-14-2007, 08:38 PM
My buddy and I fish the rivers out of a jet boat. It is very exciting for walleye sauger pike whites and goldeyes in the red deer river. The bow river is F@#$in awesome. lots of browns and rainbows.

check out his website at www.hardtackleadventures.com