waterninja
12-24-2013, 01:50 PM
not sure if this one would work.

CanuckShooter
12-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Not in a month of sundays....

bisonhunter
12-24-2013, 03:23 PM
I was ice fishing on White lake out by Salmon Arm,BC when I lived there. I was with my next door neighbour who just happened to be a field officer for the DFO. The regs said you could use one rod per angler, or two if you were alone in a boat.
This guy shows up with a boat no bigger than a bathtub and proceeds to pull it full of his gear on to the ice. He drills one hole on either side of it and proceeds to set up his lawn chair in the boat and fish with two rods.
We all had a good laugh, but he was compliant with what the regs said and Hank (neighbour) couldn't do anything about it, although I don't think he would have done much to the guy anyways.
I still laugh about that one.

waterninja
12-24-2013, 04:57 PM
I was ice fishing on White lake out by Salmon Arm,BC when I lived there. I was with my next door neighbour who just happened to be a field officer for the DFO. The regs said you could use one rod per angler, or two if you were alone in a boat.
This guy shows up with a boat no bigger than a bathtub and proceeds to pull it full of his gear on to the ice. He drills one hole on either side of it and proceeds to set up his lawn chair in the boat and fish with two rods.
We all had a good laugh, but he was compliant with what the regs said and Hank (neighbour) couldn't do anything about it, although I don't think he would have done much to the guy anyways.
are you not allowed to ice fish with 2 rods anyways in bc?

wookie
12-24-2013, 05:00 PM

Would that be Hank Shelley? Great guy and a relative of mine through marriage.

rielbowhunter
12-25-2013, 01:01 AM
:)

Hooter
12-25-2013, 11:47 AM

Now that's funny! It's one thing to think of it, but another thing to actually go through with it!

bisonhunter
12-25-2013, 05:43 PM
are you not allowed to ice fish with 2 rods anyways in bc?

Not on that lake you weren't or I would have been.

cheers

bisonhunter
12-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Would that be Hank Shelley? Great guy and a relative of mine through marriage.

Yes that would be him. He would check me every time I came home from fishing. He just wanted to see the fish I think.

x2 on the great guy thing.