PDA

View Full Version : Spray Lakes condition

niwrek
12-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Lots of snow Flood water???? heading out on Friday

Chisholm77
12-25-2013, 08:27 PM
No flood water at driftwood and very little snow as of Sunday the 22nd.

Brandonkop
12-26-2013, 01:22 AM
I was at Driftwood 12/25. Got there early and the wind was howling... blasting me with ice crystals and freezing me solid. I caught one laker from 7:30am till 12pm. I couldn't take it any more. Marked a bunch of fish out in the middle at 65 feet deep but only the one was really chasing the lure, no other bites. The ice was thick probably 16 inches and no wash water. Patches of ice and snow. Minimal snow though and very easy walking. Good luck.

Its going to take me a while but I'll be making an extreme ice fishing video from that morning. Those have to be some of the worst conditions I've ever fished. My stuff laying on the ice was burried in minutes, the holes were full of snow in a couple minutes. Difficult fishing needless to say.

niwrek
12-26-2013, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the info.....gonna give her a go 0n the 27

TROLLER
12-26-2013, 11:01 AM
I was at Driftwood 12/25. Got there early and the wind was howling... blasting me with ice crystals and freezing me solid. I caught one laker from 7:30am till 12pm. I couldn't take it any more. Marked a bunch of fish out in the middle at 65 feet deep but only the one was really chasing the lure, no other bites. The ice was thick probably 16 inches and no wash water. Patches of ice and snow. Minimal snow though and very easy walking. Good luck.

Its going to take me a while but I'll be making an extreme ice fishing video from that morning. Those have to be some of the worst conditions I've ever fished. My stuff laying on the ice was burried in minutes, the holes were full of snow in a couple minutes. Difficult fishing needless to say.

Welcome to a typical Sray Lake outing. Seems more oft then not you are having to deal with a big wind.

Brandonkop
12-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Yeah I'm not a fan with those conditions fishing for tiny lakers. Rather be at cold lake... not as much wind, bigger aggressive fish lots of fun on the marcum.

trouty
12-26-2013, 08:23 PM
one day I watched a guy with skis and a parachute up there. I guess the idea was to get hauling azz flying down the lake. Except it picked him up about 20' and bodyslammed him straight down and half his stuff was flying down the lake in the ensuing yardsale. He picked up what was left and went home.

Can be like another planet up there some days.

jbfishing
12-27-2013, 06:22 AM
I was up at splay yesterday from 11am till 4pm we only caught one laker in about 60fow. We got to try out our new christmas presents :) new gas auger and best of all a new fish TV 7" it worked awesome makes it so much fun to see what is going on down there. Even at 60fow the picture was perfect. We are going to to BC Try our luck on some of the lakes across the rockies.

Scott N
12-27-2013, 06:33 AM
We're going to head out to Spray Lakes in a few minutes and give the new MarCum flasher a try. Hopefully it will bring about a fish or two!

niwrek
12-27-2013, 06:23 PM
I went today with mynewLx9.....it worked awesome......................never saw a fish!!!! Ha Ha Ha ......Not a sniff today

Scott N
12-27-2013, 06:39 PM
I went today with mynewLx9.....it worked awesome......................never saw a fish!!!! Ha Ha Ha ......Not a sniff today

Where were you fishing? We were out today near Sparrowhawk and iced 3 fish, had a few bites, and marked quite a few more with my new MarCum VX-1. 2 of the fish were caught right off of the bottom, and the other was caught in about 60' of water.

I've never caught a lake trout before, so I knocked another fish off my bucket list today.

NCFlyfishin
12-27-2013, 06:44 PM
I am going to spray either tomorrow or the next day to test out the new toys, the 7 inch fish tv, couple new rods, and a Clam Bigfoot XL4000T Ice Fishing Shelter :sHa_shakeshout:

niwrek
12-28-2013, 01:43 PM
I was off Driftwood, first time out this year.....gonna try sparrow hawk or the campground next week....Congrats on the fish

BassDude
12-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Fished in 65' of water about 100 yards off shore at sparrowhawk. Landed 2 14" lake trout right off bottom with small jig and smelt head. Saw some small fish on the flasher but overall pretty slow. Fished 830 - 1230. Hurricane winds LOL.
Tried a bunch of different lure presentations - will try deeper next visit.

mullen1989
12-29-2013, 04:32 PM
We were out at Driftwood today, first time on Spray. Landed 2 small 14-16" lakers as well. Winds were howling, but when tehy died down it was beauty. We fished from about 8 - 12pm. Probably missed 3-4 other fish as well, two busted lines.