PDA

View Full Version : Eskimo ice fishing tent cabelas poor quality

canadiantdi
12-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Did anyone else get the red Eskimo 6 man ice fishing tent from cabelas on boxing day? It was 250 down from 450.

We got it out on the ice and noticed that there was a rip on the case, then a rip on one of the vents.. After we packed up to walk back in, I put it on and it ripped between the shoulder straps.

Anyone else notice any problems?

I like the size and the ease of use though. And the case was a nice size, didn't have to cram the tent in, it fit well..

YeeHaw
12-27-2013, 11:06 AM
I got a quickfish 3 that the bag ripped the first time out, and one of the vents was ripped on the top.:sign0176:

Lupincaster
12-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Crappy encounter but...
I have found Cabela's to have great customer service.
I think you should have no problem replacing or returning it.

They got my mail order wrong once and told me to keep what they sent and they sent me the correct product ASAP. Was very happy.

HuyFishin
12-27-2013, 11:54 AM
the quickfish tents work but are poor quality, if you get there higher end products they are much better. my quickfish ripped when I was using it first time. the fatfish and flipmo are much better

waterninja
12-27-2013, 11:59 AM
I have 3 different ice tents and one of my biggest complaints is that even though the tent might work well the carry bag it comes in is either very "tight" for repacking and on all 3 the handle straps or shoulder straps start tearing apart from bag.

Lupincaster
12-27-2013, 12:05 PM
I have 3 different ice tents and one of my biggest complaints is that even though the tent might work well the carry bag it comes in is either very "tight" for repacking and on all 3 the handle straps or shoulder straps start tearing apart from bag.

My Clam packs very easy....plenty of room....which is great on cold windy days or ya gotta pack up quick cause ya stayed too late and it's getn dark.
I'm always late to leave....habit since I was a kid that I just can't shake.

canadiantdi
12-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Crappy encounter but...
I have found Cabela's to have great customer service.
I think you should have no problem replacing or returning it.

They got my mail order wrong once and told me to keep what they sent and they sent me the correct product ASAP. Was very happy.

Ya, we are gonna bring it back today. Where it was a boxing day door crasher, I'm not sure if they will have a replacement at the store but we'll see. I suppose if it's crappy quality, I'll just end up returning the next one also. They should really make these things last longer than one trip before they start disintegrating!

Game Hunter
12-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Return it and get a clam.
Paid 180 for my 4man used it lots with nothing ever ripping, zippers ridged, packes in a case that has good room. Oh and the flaps on the side re nice and wide to get lots of snow built up.
I've heard about those sort of flaws you discussed.

Sooner
12-27-2013, 06:33 PM
I was in that line up lol. Picked one up too. Haven't took it out yet. Hoping its not as bad as i am hearing.

Scott N
12-27-2013, 06:35 PM
I have a Quickfish 2, which I don't think is made any more, but I have no complaints about quality. Mine seems to be well made.

CanadianBadass
12-27-2013, 06:52 PM
I have the quickfish 6 and have had no issues