PDA

View Full Version : First day on ice....

pikekid
12-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Had a good day at gull today, got there about 10 and drilled our first hole, nothing in 10 mins, head about 200-230 yards from brownlows drilled 2 holes again.

I dropped a daredevil spoon seeing if there would be any jacks around but i guess not, my dad came in and drop down his wire worm and boom a big whitefish came and strike his wire worm.

5 minutes later, 4 monster whitefish came by nibbling our wire worms but we couldn't set the hook in their mouths. Few mins later another monster whitefish came by and just inhaled my wire worm and as i was pulling it up he swam around the hole and cut my line off.

Later on about 11:30am- 12pm i couldn't even leave the tent because all i see is monster whitefish checking out our wire worms none stop until me and my dad got a double header which lead us to 3 big whites. 1:30 pm, almost 5 whites came circling our holes probably more than 4 times checking out wire worms.

2-3 pm, a monster burbot came and check our wire worms but were not interested to bite so a few mins later 5 more monster whites came by and inhaled my dad's wire worm, tried to pull it out but the hook came out and thank god i was there to help him pull it out got wet up to my elbows.

Right before we left, i got my limit which left us with 6 monster whites less than 5 hours which was not bad. But we had a hard time trying to find the road cause of the thick fog...:) And i had no chance for pictures cause of non-stop action