PDA

View Full Version : Long Lake

swifty73
12-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Wanted to try out some new ice fishing gear so I made a trip out to Long Lake this morning, for the first time. Only a couple of other tents on the ice, they were about a click south of where I set up. I only walked out about 150 meters S.E. of the dock. The ice was about 10 inches thick with about 8 inches of snow on top. It was snowing pretty steady so I only stayed for a couple of hours to avoid driving back to the Chuck in the dark and blowing snow. I caught 4 perch, two worth keeping. It's a nice lake, I will make the trek back, hopefully when the weather is a bit calmer. The buddy heater gets a big thumbs up but I'm not sure the HT Iceshack's zippers are going to hold up in the long run, they seemed to be straining to keep together, time will tell on that one. All in all, an enjoyable few hours out on the ice.

waterninja
12-27-2013, 08:23 PM
congrats on the perch. was at long on boxing day and got skunked on perch. (did manage lots of pike, all small).

swifty73
12-27-2013, 09:20 PM
I didn't have any luck catching pike, I had a pop up set up with minnows, but no takers.

BBM
12-27-2013, 10:45 PM
What it the gadget next to the perch??

swifty73
12-27-2013, 11:01 PM
It's a Marmish fishing rod, ultra sensitive tip lets me know about even the lightest hits. Best of all, it's made in Canada!!

curtz
12-28-2013, 09:01 AM
we were there yesterday to, drove out north towards the cabins, fishing sucked a couple perch half way up and got off, one small jack, weather wasn't very nice

Alberta Bigbore
12-28-2013, 11:06 AM
What it the gadget next to the perch??

It's a Marmish fishing rod, ultra sensitive tip lets me know about even the lightest hits. Best of all, it's made in Canada!!

Marmish are gold for perch trout and whitefish. I sold a bunch but still kept five for when i decide to start icefishing again lol